Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exporting cats to Oz - any export company recommendations? Ladyhaye?

Exporting cats to Oz - any export company recommendations? Ladyhaye?

Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

hello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nice
Default Exporting cats to Oz - any export company recommendations? Ladyhaye?

Hi guys,

Just about to start the process of getting the cats ready to go & was wondering if anyone had any particular recommendations for export companies. I've had a few quotes & a company called Ladyhaye seemed to be the most thorough & offer the most useful information. I thought I'd check before I commit though just in case anyone has a horror story!
Has anyone used a particular company & thought they were really good? I'm more worried about how efficient & caring they are really.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:45 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Exporting cats to Oz - any export company recommendations? Ladyhaye?

I work at Pickfords and the company whose name we give out is Airpets and their website is www.airpets.com.

I am not actually sure what they are like though (since we don't deal with them aside from giving their number).

Professional Princess sent her cat Gordon a few weeks ago - I am sure she will be able to advise on her experience.

Good luck!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:56 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Exporting cats to Oz - any export company recommendations? Ladyhaye?

Originally Posted by hello kitty
Hi guys,

Just about to start the process of getting the cats ready to go & was wondering if anyone had any particular recommendations for export companies. I've had a few quotes & a company called Ladyhaye seemed to be the most thorough & offer the most useful information. I thought I'd check before I commit though just in case anyone has a horror story!
Has anyone used a particular company & thought they were really good? I'm more worried about how efficient & caring they are really.

Thanks in advance

i just saw Ladyhaye and the name caught my eye. we used them 6 yrs ago to bring our two cats to Houston and they were very good, the cats as well lol! i'd recommend them although it was a few yrs ago now....good luck
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wheeler-Jones
I work at Pickfords and the company whose name we give out is Airpets and their website is www.airpets.com.

I am not actually sure what they are like though (since we don't deal with them aside from giving their number).

Professional Princess sent her cat Gordon a few weeks ago - I am sure she will be able to advise on her experience.

Good luck!
PP used Ryslip if I remember correctly - I've just been ringing round for quotes & like the sound of them a lot, partly from PP's recommendation (anyone a vet recommends is a good starting point to me!), partly because they ship Bengals for a couple of breeders which means they're used to the *ahem* personality Bengals have, but they were really friendly, very informative and sent through loads more information than any of the others have done. Just got a good feeling from them..

At first glance they don't necessarily appear to be the cheapest, but they all quote for different things to be included (or in most cases not included in the price) and I reckon when I add up all the other things Ryslip will be in the lower end of the quotes as theirs was a lot more inclusive than most.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

hello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nice

Thanks for your help everyone
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

we're using ladyhaye- the cats haven't gone yet so can't really comment but so far they have been very good at responsing, answering my questions and even changing the date after confirming it!

I must say though that we have done the import permit and booking of quarantine space ourselves we we're not using the full service they offer.
Old May 6th 2008, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

billybee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hereshoping
we're using ladyhaye- the cats haven't gone yet so can't really comment but so far they have been very good at responsing, answering my questions and even changing the date after confirming it!

I must say though that we have done the import permit and booking of quarantine space ourselves we we're not using the full service they offer.
My family has used Ladyhaye in the past too - there and back - and they were excellent. I'd recommend them, although it was a few years ago. If it's still run by a chap called Nigel they'll be fine.

B
Old May 6th 2008, 1:05 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NikiL
PP used Ryslip if I remember correctly - I've just been ringing round for quotes & like the sound of them a lot, partly from PP's recommendation (anyone a vet recommends is a good starting point to me!), partly because they ship Bengals for a couple of breeders which means they're used to the *ahem* personality Bengals have, but they were really friendly, very informative and sent through loads more information than any of the others have done. Just got a good feeling from them..

At first glance they don't necessarily appear to be the cheapest, but they all quote for different things to be included (or in most cases not included in the price) and I reckon when I add up all the other things Ryslip will be in the lower end of the quotes as theirs was a lot more inclusive than most.

Yes we used Ryslip, when I worked as a veterinary nurse, the vet I worked for knows the people that own Ryslip personally and has utmost respect for them.

They were helpful every step of the way and did absolutely everything for me, I just had to provide the vaccine certificate and microchip number as Gordon was already chipped.

The vet I worked for still recommends them and as an ex vet nurse and with a cat of my own, I have no hesitations.

They had even made a note on Gordon's kennel with regards to the warning about his chewing habits.

They spend the night in the kennels at Ryslip - the boarding section which I have to say, was very nice indeed with their own personal heater.

Lovely staff, lovely kennels and no concerns about them at all.
Old May 7th 2008, 8:40 am
Just Joined

TandV is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

we used Jets for pets who dealt with everything including a short stay in a cattery, his pre flight vet check. Cat got to Spotswood in Melbourn safe and sound.

Thanks and good luck - I'm glad I chose to bring him, he settled in really quickly

Vicky
Old May 7th 2008, 9:43 am
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

I am using Petair for my dog and so far so good. They were brilliant over the phone answering all my stupid questions and have helped me ship over the cheapest possible way.

Just come back from the vets for the blood tests and poor smudges white bandage is bright red!