Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Expo Manchester 17/18 Oct. Must we register to attend ?

Expo Manchester 17/18 Oct. Must we register to attend ?

Old Oct 1st 2006, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Expo Manchester 17/18 Oct. Must we register to attend ?

Hi all.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skillexpos/ex...ed-workers.htm

The above expo ( which is on the DIMA website and therefore is presumably organised by DIMA ) indicates that you have to register online prior to attending. Does anyone know if this really is the case ?

Thanks.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 3:50 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Expo Manchester 17/18 Oct. Must we register to attend ?

Originally Posted by elmtree
Hi all.

The above expo ( which is on the DIMA website and therefore is presumably organised by DIMA ) indicates that you have to register online prior to attending. Does anyone know if this really is the case ?

Thanks.
Hi,
I dont think you need to register as tickets are purchased at the door on the day.Registering is only required if you want to be sent a reminder email.We were wondering the same thing before we went last year!
We went to the Expo at Earls Court last October and got some good info there so its well worth going.

Brido
Old Oct 1st 2006, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks !

We'll just turn up, then. Thanks.

( It says to allow up to an hour to register ! )
Old Oct 1st 2006, 4:07 pm
done and dusted

maverik1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.

Thanks.
there is another one later in the month, but its not an official one (i.e. run by the government) instead its run by an employment agency, and that one is open to everyone, and yes its £10 on the door

the one which you refer to is the one i registered for, i havent heard anything from them yet but, this is what was in my email

"Your completed application form has been received. Your details will be considered and if you meet our requirements you will be invited to attend this expo. Details of the venue will be provided on the invitation.

If you do not meet our requirements you will receive an email that will provide advice on other visa options."

as such you dont even know where it is unless they tell you, apparantly they dont send out emails until 10 days before the event
Old Oct 1st 2006, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

scoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nice

hi i am a bit new to this but this is my first post:

I registered on the web site for the expo over six months ago and i sent them an email and asked about the same question (an invite) last week .

the reply was only come if you are invited and the invite is for you only not your partner ,and will be sent out by email end of september ?
Old Oct 1st 2006, 4:43 pm
done and dusted

Originally Posted by scoobie
hi i am a bit new to this but this is my first post:

I registered on the web site for the expo over six months ago and i sent them an email and asked about the same question (an invite) last week .

the reply was only come if you are invited and the invite is for you only not your partner ,and will be sent out by email end of september ?

well in fairness that was only yesterday, so give em a couple of days into next week, i know that some people who registered for the london one ave received emails in the last few days, but that expo is 4-5 days sooner
Old Oct 1st 2006, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Newbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant future

Pretty sure without registering you will not get in. DIMA will send you an email to register at time - without that invite you will not get in.

Regards
Alan

Hi all.

Thanks.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 6:17 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Expo Manchester 17/18 Oct. Must we register to attend ?

Anyone interested in an EXPO meetup? Maybe would could wear some special colour or carry something which would identify British Expat Members?

Just for a bit of fun??

Diane.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 6:18 pm
done and dusted

Originally Posted by Dianej
Anyone interested in an EXPO meetup? Maybe would could wear some special colour or carry something which would identify British Expat Members?

Just for a bit of fun??

Diane.
are you going to the manchester one then?, if so have you heard anything yet?
Old Oct 1st 2006, 6:41 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by maverik1979
are you going to the manchester one then?, if so have you heard anything yet?
Well Ive booked the 18th off work! Registered yonks ago!
Old Oct 1st 2006, 6:46 pm
done and dusted

Originally Posted by Dianej
Well Ive booked the 18th off work! Registered yonks ago!
i registered a while ago as well, what i meant to say was, have you had any official confirmation that you have been accepted to go?
Old Oct 1st 2006, 6:48 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Originally Posted by maverik1979
i registered a while ago as well, what i meant to say was, have you had any official confirmation that you have been accepted to go?
Not yet........
Old Oct 8th 2006, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

scoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nice

hi got invite for expo by email on thurs/ fri booked in for wed aft.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 9:18 pm
BT engineer wants out UK

JOE2369 is an unknown quantity at this point

got invite but cant log on to book time slot no mention of payment ?
Old Oct 9th 2006, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

My sister registered a few weeks ago and received her invitation last week. It is only for her and she must arrive within a specified 15 minute time slot. She has to bring certain documentation with her but I can't remember what exactly. She may not bring uninvited guests with her so I think it's a "no" for just turning up on the day. Why not see if you can still register now.

There is another expo going to Manchester which is available - I think that's in November and I understand you can just turn up at that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.