Expo-australia?

Old Mar 21st 2009, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

rikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant future
Default Expo-australia?

Hi,

As its on today and they didn't bother publishing an exhibitors list I would expect it to be a pretty poor showing.

Has anyone been? Have I missed out on something great??

Thanks
Old Mar 21st 2009, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

rikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant future
Default Re: Expo-australia?

By the lack of responses I would imagine it was quite poor then?
Old Mar 21st 2009, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

roobers is an unknown quantity at this point

No, it was okay, but I don't have anything to compare it to as this is the first I've visited.

The seminars were interesting enough but very general, and the queues at the immi and assessment stands were very long indeed (nearly 90 mins in one of these).

I don't think you missed an awful lot.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 1:18 am
Just Joined

cossie66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Expo-australia?

We went to the one in Leeds last year, very poor especially for IT which you are looking for. All of the information showed previous exhibitors only - when we got there not one decent IT opportunity good for medical staff. complained and basically told we don't advertise exhibitors so tough luck. tickets, baby sitter costs travel costs and this was the best they could respond with.... my advise don't bother you get more from this forum.
The visit to the event at Australia house was better and free.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 7:48 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cossie66
We went to the one in Leeds last year, very poor especially for IT which you are looking for. All of the information showed previous exhibitors only - when we got there not one decent IT opportunity good for medical staff. complained and basically told we don't advertise exhibitors so tough luck. tickets, baby sitter costs travel costs and this was the best they could respond with.... my advise don't bother you get more from this forum.
The visit to the event at Australia house was better and free.
That confirms what I have generally thought about these expos. They are a rip off mostly designed to line the pockets of the organisers.

I agree with you, BE is far better.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulry
That confirms what I have generally thought about these expos. They are a rip off mostly designed to line the pockets of the organisers.

I agree with you, BE is far better.
I went to the one at Chelsea FC yesterday.
IMHO it was a waste of money. (I was warned here on BE!!) There were few stands, it was mostly highlighting Western Australia and the queues were very long. I would say that you can get more information on this site and the Gov't website.
I spoke to the events organiser about my disappointment and she gave me a full refund!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:38 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

Waste of Time!!!

We went yesterday, there were about a dozen stands, one each for Taz, SA, WA and NT these were only small and not very informative, there were several banks and money institutions, one for DAIC and a stand for a free assessment (by a private company) for would be applicants, a couple of recruitment agency's which were for the medical profession.
oh and a couple of stands giving out free mags which i have read this morning and thought, tell me something I don't know or couldn't google.

The whole show is in an area 20metres by 60metres max.

save your money and join BE

Darren (now £45 lighter and one Saturday night curry missed)