Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

expo australia 2004

expo australia 2004

Old Sep 20th 2004, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

sue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the rough
Default expo australia 2004

Hi

anyone who is interested in anything to do with emigrating to australia might be interested in expo australia 2004 at the earls court ibis hotel in london on 30/31 october 9.30 - 4.00pm

we are giving it a try anyone been before?

if you want to meet up whilst there pm me for further info

any views would be welcome

sue and mick
Old Sep 20th 2004, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: expo australia 2004

Originally Posted by sue and mick
Hi

anyone who is interested in anything to do with emigrating to australia might be interested in expo australia 2004 at the earls court ibis hotel in london on 30/31 october 9.30 - 4.00pm

sue and mick
Hello.

My husband and I are going. (At least we think we are - haven't had the confirmation email so far.....).

Pleased to see that Accountancy has been added to the MODL - may mean I find it a (teeny weey) bit easier to get a job when I get out there next Spring.

Not been before though - hope it is useful.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: expo australia 2004

Originally Posted by sue and mick
Hi

sue and mick
Hi Sue & Mick
I spotted this expo whilst browsing the net, and noticed that there were lots of job/career exhibitors. However I became a bit despondant after emailing them 3 times to try and find out if there are any I.T. exhibitors. My guess is that there aren't, so if you hear any different before the expo, I would be extremely grateful if you could let me know.
Kind Regards
Netta
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

laverda is an unknown quantity at this point

yep been there, wanted to find out some facts, well worth it just to hear what they all have to say, id go again but am in oz validateing visa then
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

I might be interested in going can you post the link.
thanks
Irene
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

sue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: expo australia 2004

Originally Posted by parkhigh
Hi

I might be interested in going can you post the link.
thanks
Irene
hi irene

the website that will give you all your info is www.expo-australia.com

should be good

sue and mick
Old Sep 20th 2004, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi We`ll are going not 100% which day at the moment.

Also will be going to Sandown which is the 8,9 & 10th Oct anyone else been before? is it any good?

Sue2
Old Sep 20th 2004, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue2
Hi We`ll are going not 100% which day at the moment.

Also will be going to Sandown which is the 8,9 & 10th Oct anyone else been before? is it any good?

Sue2

Sandown is DEFINITELY worth a visit. I can't compare it to EXPO Australia cos I haven't been yet, but I've been to Sandown twice. Its particularly useful if you're at the early stages, e.g thinking about migrating, but we also found some useful contacts once our application was in full swing, e.g finance, banking, movers, etc.
Enjoy your day out!
Netta
Old Sep 20th 2004, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
thanks for the link will check it out.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
Sandown is DEFINITELY worth a visit. I can't compare it to EXPO Australia cos I haven't been yet, but I've been to Sandown twice. Its particularly useful if you're at the early stages, e.g thinking about migrating, but we also found some useful contacts once our application was in full swing, e.g finance, banking, movers, etc.
Enjoy your day out!
Netta
I'm going to Sandown on the 9th. Do you know if the queues are bad or not? I was hoping to get a few free assessments for my nominated skill.

Tony.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I'm going to Sandown on the 9th. Do you know if the queues are bad or not? I was hoping to get a few free assessments for my nominated skill.

Tony.
Tony we went to the one last April. Buy your tickets in advance then when they one the doors its easier to walk in.
Some of the agents advertised free assessments- try emailing them asking for a time slot or you might end up waiting a while to speak to people.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
Enjoy your day out!
Netta

Thanks Netta

Had heard it is worth going from Scissors, its good to know someone else thinks it worth it too
Will be going on the Friday as long as I can get help with the kids, dont want to take them as they are young will find it very boring.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helinuk
Tony we went to the one last April. Buy your tickets in advance then when they one the doors its easier to walk in.
Some of the agents advertised free assessments- try emailing them asking for a time slot or you might end up waiting a while to speak to people.
Thanks for that! Very useful to know about the agent's availability.
I've already bought my tickets, so it's good to know they'll get me in quicker!
Old Sep 20th 2004, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

cooldood is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: expo australia 2004

we are hopefully going to earls court, but what is this sandown? sounds like a better bet from a few things people have said as we are only just starting to think about the move over to Australia.

thanks
Jon
Old Sep 20th 2004, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cooldood
we are hopefully going to earls court, but what is this sandown? sounds like a better bet from a few things people have said as we are only just starting to think about the move over to Australia.

thanks
Jon
It's called 'Opportunities Abroad 2004', and is basically an emigrate show.It takes place at Sandown Park Surrey on 8-10th October. Well worth going for all manner of info on migration to Aus.

Tony.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.