Expo?

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice
Default Expo?

Does anyone know anything about a supposed expedition taking place at York racecourse on 29th & 30th September?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of
Default Re: Expo?

Originally Posted by Bradburns
Does anyone know anything about a supposed expedition taking place at York racecourse on 29th & 30th September?
Check this link

http://http://www.emigrate2.co.uk/news_detail-86.htm

KayC
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Thanks for the link, but it will not let me open it, it keeps saying refresh page, but when i do that, still nothing happens.

Originally Posted by KayC
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Just typed the web address in and now i'm on the site. Thanks once again.

Originally Posted by KayC
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:10 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I personally found those expos to be a waste of time and money. You will get better info and ideas on this website.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

pasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to all

We are here (in Australia) as a direct result of my attending an exposition at Australia House in London in 2005. That was an Australian Government organised expo, can't comment on expo's by other parties.

As a general rule, these expo's can, in my opinion, be a good way to find employment and a potential sponser. However, you will have to set yourself apart from the many thousands they see over the course of the event such that they will come back to you.

Approach those companies who will have a direct (financial) benefit, such as a recruitment agencies. They will note your details and will be hawking them if there is a quid or two in it for them. But you have to sell yourself by what you provide to them. They WILL contact you down the line if your skills are in demand.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

We're going, but mainly for the presentations throughout the day. Hopefully get the chance to meet some like minded people (in the person!).

If you don't live in York or nearby, I would see if you can get accomodation first. We booked about two months ago, and we still had a blumin nightmare - you can't get anywhere for only one night, so we have had to go for the whole weekend, which completely defeated the point of booking Sunday tickets. No one could tell us why they couldn't just take a booking for the Sat night either - just got - thats the way its done. Grrr.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

I went to one last year in october and found it very

I actually got a job offer in writing on the day although i later decided to go down a different visa route for various reasons

Good luck
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

There is another one in Coventry early October and then Scotland and Belfast in the new year. I think they are covering most areas throughout the UK now so check the website for updates. York seems to be a hotspot for Hen Nights so one nights accommodation over any weekend is a nightmare!