Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Explanation regarding yesterdays post.

Explanation regarding yesterdays post.

Old Oct 29th 2003, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Explanation regarding yesterdays post.

I have briefly read the 80 or so posts in response to my post Frazzled yesterday. I am finding it hard to believe it turned into an argument and would not have responded before as I was probably asleep being night time here.

The reason I posted it in the first place as I was very angry and wanted to calm down before I made my decision. I also reguarly chat to several people on here whos opinions to me are quite valuable and respected.

The little boy in question has been staying with us for 3 weeks before I even mentioned him, his mum is very sick and is separated from her partner and has no family up here. I hope anyone in my position would help out under the circumstances. Her treatments are in Brisbane and she simply cannot look after him while frankly being violently ill and has decided to avoid all the travelling to Brisbane by staying in accom there. I find it disgusting that anyone would think somebody would make that up.

My Mover and Megan Eko are two people who reguarly dispute everything and anything I say, they have no credability whatsoever due to just jumping on every post as a habit. Let them believe whatever they want to. In this instance they are nothing but sick.

As for the situation, we have informed the boys mum, she is fully behind us and has already complained to the school about bullying from this particular teacher. Along with several others it seems. I have no idea if my complaint will make any difference, somehow I doubt it. Once anyone has lived here, like yesterday, it was registering 38 degrees in the middle of the day, you too will realise this is not about kids being naughty or playing up, its a serious issue and hideous that water bottles are banned due to magpies or any other reason. 2+ hours in the sun is too long for a 6 year old and sticking your face 6 inches from a 6 year old and screaming is Wrong. This by the way was witnessed by several people, 2 of whom are now backing me up all the way.

Frankly I had no idea this would turn into a 80 post debate, I just expected a bit of a pep talk from a few regulars on here while I calmed down enough to work out the best way to deal with it.
It only seemed to turn nasty when two regular hecklers of my posts (no matter what they are about) decided to post their usual poison, given the topic matter even I am surprised at how low they have sunk.

Thanks to everyone else tho, as usual there seem to be some pretty decent people out there.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Hear hear Dotty,

You are doing what you know is the right thing to do.
I for one couldn't believe how such a thread could dissolve into an arguement.

Best of luck, let us know how it goes on friday

Loopy
Old Oct 29th 2003, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

I just read all 80 replies myself - I can't believe people can accuse anyone of 'hyping up the negativity' about Australia when many of them regularly post derogatory comments about the UK themselves.

Why do some think it is acceptable to talk about the 'dark' side of life in the UK, yet don't like to hear about the Australian equivalent? (not that I thought thatthis particular post was anti-Australian - an equivalent situation could occur anywhere in the world)

Good luck with the Principal Dotty

HP
Old Oct 29th 2003, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I should have just said I dont want to start another 80 page thread, so please dont feel anybody should have to reply to this.

I know whos living in my house at the moment, I know why, I know the little fellas face and how he looks at night, and how hes scared even tho hes really too young to fully understand it all.

Compared to that I doubt anyone would think I really give a Toss what a person like Mr Mover has to say, he does himself enough damage just by posting here like yesterday.

Enough said, Lets leave it at that, perhaps everyone whos contributed to this thread could chuck a few bucks to some Cancer research charity, and spend a few minutes thinking how lucky most of us are that all we have to moan about is where we should live.

"Dotty" and Jake.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 11:19 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh you were writing this as I was typing up my post, I agree with Loopy, hard to believe it got dragged into the mud & whether it was the truth or not, but it did.

Once again as Loopy said, good luck tommorrow, just remember, dont make accusations use statements based in fact & dont use hearsay. But above all, be persistant & make sure you get the answers you need to satisfy yourself that the situation is resolved &/or not going to happen again
Old Oct 29th 2003, 11:41 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dotty
I should have just said I dont want to start another 80 page thread, so please dont feel anybody should have to reply to this.

I know whos living in my house at the moment, I know why, I know the little fellas face and how he looks at night, and how hes scared even tho hes really too young to fully understand it all.

"Dotty" and Jake.
I hope his mother makes a full recovery Dotty, he must be so worried, at 6 years old I know my daughter would be devestated if that was me.

Chin up all of you, there are some nice people out here you know.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 11:48 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Explanation regarding yesterdays post.

Originally posted by dotty
I have briefly read the 80 or so posts in response to my post Frazzled yesterday. I am finding it hard to believe it turned into an argument and would not have responded before as I was probably asleep being night time here.

The reason I posted it in the first place as I was very angry and wanted to calm down before I made my decision. I also reguarly chat to several people on here whos opinions to me are quite valuable and respected.

The little boy in question has been staying with us for 3 weeks before I even mentioned him, his mum is very sick and is separated from her partner and has no family up here. I hope anyone in my position would help out under the circumstances. Her treatments are in Brisbane and she simply cannot look after him while frankly being violently ill and has decided to avoid all the travelling to Brisbane by staying in accom there. I find it disgusting that anyone would think somebody would make that up.

My Mover and Megan Eko are two people who reguarly dispute everything and anything I say, they have no credability whatsoever due to just jumping on every post as a habit. Let them believe whatever they want to. In this instance they are nothing but sick.

As for the situation, we have informed the boys mum, she is fully behind us and has already complained to the school about bullying from this particular teacher. Along with several others it seems. I have no idea if my complaint will make any difference, somehow I doubt it. Once anyone has lived here, like yesterday, it was registering 38 degrees in the middle of the day, you too will realise this is not about kids being naughty or playing up, its a serious issue and hideous that water bottles are banned due to magpies or any other reason. 2+ hours in the sun is too long for a 6 year old and sticking your face 6 inches from a 6 year old and screaming is Wrong. This by the way was witnessed by several people, 2 of whom are now backing me up all the way.

Frankly I had no idea this would turn into a 80 post debate, I just expected a bit of a pep talk from a few regulars on here while I calmed down enough to work out the best way to deal with it.
It only seemed to turn nasty when two regular hecklers of my posts (no matter what they are about) decided to post their usual poison, given the topic matter even I am surprised at how low they have sunk.

Thanks to everyone else tho, as usual there seem to be some pretty decent people out there.
Good luck from me too. I can't offer you any advice on what to do as I have no children, but surely there are laws regarding this. If the principal/headmaster ignores it, perhaps it can be taken further.. isn't there a state education body here in qld that they must answer to, or maybe take it your local MP. As for the heat laws, even adults are covered by temperature and abuse laws in the workplace, so children surely must be covered by these laws in the school too.. if not on a more greater level

Good luck

P.S To the few (and there were only a small few.. most people did give you good advice/support) knockers who think that her story (s) sounds like something out of a "soap opera", most peoples lives are if you wrote them down. I bet if most of you wrote your life story down it would sound strange, and some of it would sound unbelievable, I know mine would. I do not doubt that Dotty is telling the truth. If you don't like her posts do not reply to them. To attack someone when they are asking for help (on behalf of a child and an ill mother) is surely not on. I can't see for one moment how her post was knocking Aus, this is an incident which could be about any person/child in any country of the world. There are bad teacher and good teachers. There are bad schools and good schools in any country of the world.. we all know that!. So it's odd why the knockers have chose to attack dotty on the issue

Last edited by Ceri; Oct 30th 2003 at 4:01 am.