Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Explaining your expats 'addiction'

Wikiposts

Explaining your expats 'addiction'

Old Dec 24th 2003, 3:36 am
Badge

Default Explaining your expats 'addiction'

So what do you good people say to explain away your 'problem' . I mean Mrs B (who speaks Spanish) calls you lot the 'chezmosoes' (gossipers), and often expresses a bit of concern about the time I spend on here. But she did say ' well you're not working, so they're like your work crowd'. She oftens asks after some of you. ALso we have no kids etc so I have time - I wonder how you lot with kids have time etc..

Surely others have had to 'face up' to spouses and family, let alone co-workers etc

so what do you say?

Badge

Old Dec 24th 2003, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Explaining your expats 'addiction'

Originally posted by badgersmount
So what do you good people say to explain away your 'problem' . I mean Mrs B (who speaks Spanish) calls you lot the 'chezmosoes' (gossipers), and often expresses a bit of concern about the time I spend on here. But she did say ' well you're not working, so they're like your work crowd'. She oftens asks after some of you. ALso we have no kids etc so I have time - I wonder how you lot with kids have time etc..

Surely others have had to 'face up' to spouses and family, let alone co-workers etc

so what do you say?

Badge
Hubby & small daughter understand that you lot on here are my lifeline, to gain info from and to understand each emotion i am going through! Hubby is really laid back about the whole process but i am so impatient so having you all on here who understand makes it somewhat easier also whilst im on here i'm not saying to hubby 'not footie on the telly again tonight!'

Don't use it at work but cant' wait to get home to catch up with the 'gossip'
Take care
rach
Old Dec 24th 2003, 3:44 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Pascal doesn't care I guess.
It's much better than the last forum I was addicted to (Which I'm not even admitting to!). This one is usually much more useful!

And noone else really knows. And the ones who know, know about the other addiction also, so this one is better. (family)
Co workers don't know, I hide it very well! And noone can walk behind me, so that helps

And like you I don't have kids. And not much else to do either.
Old Dec 24th 2003, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Easy really...
it didn't take long for him to get addicted!
Larissa
PS Was feeling really crook this morning and told Blim that Mrs Badge made him hot toddies when he's ill... no hot toddy for me though, but he cooked me dinner, made a cuppa and peeled my orange for me (I was too weak...)
Old Dec 24th 2003, 8:32 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

My hubby is also addicted but hes a lurker not a poster. Am able to conceal the amount of time I spend on here from everyone else so no awkward questions! I am fairly terrified of all things technical so barely touched the PC before I found this site, now we have to book time between us ( though I have mentioned that a nice laptop for xmas would solve that problem and he could reclaim his boxroom!)
Old Dec 24th 2003, 10:18 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

I lie and try to remember to wipe the 'history' thing on my browser so I won't get found out.
Old Dec 24th 2003, 10:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The Bloke finds my addiction quite funny - comes and reads over my shoulder sometimes and finds some of the threads quite funny. Trouble is he then starts talking to his family about how I have friends called "Badger" or "Dagboy" and they all look at me as if I was an alien!
MIL is totally baffled by it, sitting across the room while I'm typing, and I don't think theres any way it would make sense to her - just not her style really, bit too up-to-date.