Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Explained: Who is committing crimes in Victoria?

Explained: Who is committing crimes in Victoria?

Old Aug 11th 2018, 4:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Explained: Who is committing crimes in Victoria?

Explained: Who is committing crimes in Victoria? - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Good job, team!
Old Aug 19th 2018, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Explained: Who is committing crimes in Victoria?

Yes. Has for ever been the case, youth from war torn countries are disproportionately represented in these statistics.

A problem that can only be solved by limiting or stopping war torn immigration, and no government will ever take that one on.
Old Aug 19th 2018, 6:38 am
Excessively Diverted

Luthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond repute

Note: Unique offenders by country of birth for April 2017 to March 2018 - many of the "sudanese" youth are actually australian born, as may be many of your children and grandchildren
Old Aug 20th 2018, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luthien
Note: Unique offenders by country of birth for April 2017 to March 2018 - many of the "sudanese" youth are actually australian born, as may be many of your children and grandchildren
First generation Lebanese aren't the problem in Sydney either.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
First generation Lebanese aren't the problem in Sydney either.
So then the problem are Aussie born. Regardless of ethnicity. The biggest criminals being of course those welding power and influence.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by the troubadour
So then the problem are Aussie born. Regardless of ethnicity. The biggest criminals being of course those welding power and influence.
You are back talking nonsense again. How was Cambodia?
Old Aug 20th 2018, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

You are back talking nonsense again. How was Cambodia?
Yes I am somewhat a prophet, I admit. I must return to that population thread that I was sooooo right about .....
Europe was as always great as always, many fun, sophisticated, arty, people with something to interesting say, ,but the most marvellous weather to accompany all those things as well. Make Sydney look 'very tame' some of those wonderful cities. As for Asia, Cambodia? I realise geography is not a strong point of yours, but Sarawak nor Melaka nor KL are Not in Cambodia. I can only emphasis get yourself a passport and get over there. Anywhere.
I guess all the growing vitality in Sydney, along with falling living standards and all that goes with that has made the title of the thread redundant to you?
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 3:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I don't find Melbourne that violent. In fact, when I look at the UK newspapers I think Melbourne is a walk in the park. There are parts of my home town of the quaint hamlet of Birkenhead on The Wirral that I wouldn't venture into without a few 'handy' lads next to me, especially late at night when the youngsters have had too much pop. But Melbourne I think is pretty genteel. At one stage I did some volunteering here that involved sitting with a young person during the police interview and it was always related to twoccing (taking without consent). FYI, Nissan Pulsars are the car of choice. I look at youth crime stories in the UK and think how lucky we are. When we start to see violent moped muggers in Melbourne then I will start worrying.
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ebo1608
Personally, I don't find Melbourne that violent. In fact, when I look at the UK newspapers I think Melbourne is a walk in the park. There are parts of my home town of the quaint hamlet of Birkenhead on The Wirral that I wouldn't venture into without a few 'handy' lads next to me, especially late at night when the youngsters have had too much pop. But Melbourne I think is pretty genteel. At one stage I did some volunteering here that involved sitting with a young person during the police interview and it was always related to twoccing (taking without consent). FYI, Nissan Pulsars are the car of choice. I look at youth crime stories in the UK and think how lucky we are. When we start to see violent moped muggers in Melbourne then I will start worrying.

I was born and raised all around Lewisham South London through the 60's and 70's. I laugh when some people call Melbourne rough. There is absolutely no comparison. Even on my recent trips back to places rural, Crawley, Milton Keynes and Rhyl. I've never felt the same kind of watch yourself here I did in those places. Especially enduring the teenagers hanging around the corner shops which seems so bloody prevalent in the UK..... That yoof hanging around the corner shop thing seems such a weird UK cultural difference to me after 38 years in this country. I found it quite unsettling a bit like walking from the station to the ground on an away football game type feel was the only similar feeling I've ever had.
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 4:45 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ebo1608
When we start to see violent moped muggers in Melbourne then I will start worrying.
Car jacking does seem to be pretty prevalent actually...are the mopeds a deal breaker? I have one day a week in the western suburbs (today) and just had lunch with a lady that lives out here. I've no reason to believe that she's making anything up...but her husband won't let her go to the local Coles because it is regularly subject to attack by large gangs helping themselves. A neighbour of hers was recently surrounded by 8 "youths" in her German SUV and told to get out...she duly obliged and off went the car. There seems to be a spate of female car jacking victims in the west and outer south east. I live in one of the arguably traditionally seedier parts of town, on the edge of St Kilda...but we don't see any of this. Doesn't mean it isn't happening.
Old Aug 26th 2018, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes I am somewhat a prophet, I admit. I must return to that population thread that I was sooooo right about .....
Europe was as always great as always, many fun, sophisticated, arty, people with something to interesting say, ,but the most marvellous weather to accompany all those things as well. Make Sydney look 'very tame' some of those wonderful cities. As for Asia, Cambodia? I realise geography is not a strong point of yours, but Sarawak nor Melaka nor KL are Not in Cambodia. I can only emphasis get yourself a passport and get over there. Anywhere.
I guess all the growing vitality in Sydney, along with falling living standards and all that goes with that has made the title of the thread redundant to you?
Are you still resenting the fact you cannot afford to live in Sydney or Melbourne?

If "sophisticated, arty, people" is your thing then Perth is certainly at the bottom of the Aussie cities when it comes to that type of thing.

However, no one lives in Australia for the arts or history. You are in the wrong place for your hobbies.

So you were in Malaysia, the armpit of SE asia with Indonesia competing heavily for that title. Never mind. Well I am doing my annual Asia jaunt later in Sept. A month on the road mixing business and pleasure in more northern parts. No need to spend time at the bottom of the pile.
Old Aug 26th 2018, 4:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are you still resenting the fact you cannot afford to live in Sydney or Melbourne?

If "sophisticated, arty, people" is your thing then Perth is certainly at the bottom of the Aussie cities when it comes to that type of thing.

However, no one lives in Australia for the arts or history. You are in the wrong place for your hobbies.

So you were in Malaysia, the armpit of SE asia with Indonesia competing heavily for that title. Never mind. Well I am doing my annual Asia jaunt later in Sept. A month on the road mixing business and pleasure in more northern parts. No need to spend time at the bottom of the pile.
If flawed comments could be packaged as an election winner, you'd be undisputed PM. You wouldn't be any good mind, but that's never prevented the long line of poor leaders in the past.

Do yourself a favour. Get a passport and leave your 'cotton wool' apparent life in Sydney. It is an okay city at best, but plenty of 'more vibe' , seems a quality to always refer to in other places. Now your ignorance displays itself in all its glory, I can certainly tell you KL would give Sydney a run for its money in vibe. You said those ridiculous comments on a previous occasion with regards to Malaysia. It is far from being the arm pit of Asia. Such blind ignorance. I hope, if you do get to see Asia, you will not enter with such a closed mind for own sake. It certainly is not bottom of the pile. I thought that dumb 'Aussie thinking' of comments around advanced Asian economies was a thing more of the past? I believe it is actually, so could do yourself a favour and have a' make over',

No one lives in Australia for its politics and short sighted views either. Very happy to have a choice to live in a few EU cities, thanks for asking. Have no desire at all to live in Sydney and Melbourne, could but really both are over rated. I am fortunate to have the ability to live in Europe every year, if I wish, and immerse in the arts, culture and intelligent conversation that comes with living in such environments.
Old Aug 26th 2018, 4:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I was born and raised all around Lewisham South London through the 60's and 70's. I laugh when some people call Melbourne rough. There is absolutely no comparison. Even on my recent trips back to places rural, Crawley, Milton Keynes and Rhyl. I've never felt the same kind of watch yourself here I did in those places. Especially enduring the teenagers hanging around the corner shops which seems so bloody prevalent in the UK..... That yoof hanging around the corner shop thing seems such a weird UK cultural difference to me after 38 years in this country. I found it quite unsettling a bit like walking from the station to the ground on an away football game type feel was the only similar feeling I've ever had.
It should be remembered ,Australia has one of the highest violent rates in physical assault on the person in the world. This has not changed much over the years. The context is different from say UK though. I think a big difference is groups of youths appear in general, more menacing in UK, as simply don't tend to congregate here in such numbers. The geographic outlay being very different. But both are violent in similar/dissimilar ways. Back in the day, Australia was in my experience violent. Toxic masculinity probably far more in evidence and it was pub related violence or abuse from cars being very frequent, which could lead to aggro very quickly. What I'm saying is the youth were more mobile than UK of the time. I went to outdoor gigs in England as a teenager and found it 'cooler' than the similar in OZ. Here it was too much alcohol and far more bad behaviour. UK it was more drugs.
The 'hard man' image so in vogue among too many UK youth these days (far les focused perhaps as I recall it was often between sub groups, be it punks etc) may have declined in Australia somewhat (may well depend on area as folk tell me some burbs and schools experience serious issues) but I suppose hard to quantify. I found something in between in RSA and less in Europe, there but on another level.
Old Aug 26th 2018, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If flawed comments could be packaged as an election winner, you'd be undisputed PM. You wouldn't be any good mind, but that's never prevented the long line of poor leaders in the past.

Do yourself a favour. Get a passport and leave your 'cotton wool' apparent life in Sydney. It is an okay city at best, but plenty of 'more vibe' , seems a quality to always refer to in other places. Now your ignorance displays itself in all its glory, I can certainly tell you KL would give Sydney a run for its money in vibe. You said those ridiculous comments on a previous occasion with regards to Malaysia. It is far from being the arm pit of Asia. Such blind ignorance. I hope, if you do get to see Asia, you will not enter with such a closed mind for own sake. It certainly is not bottom of the pile. I thought that dumb 'Aussie thinking' of comments around advanced Asian economies was a thing more of the past? I believe it is actually, so could do yourself a favour and have a' make over',

No one lives in Australia for its politics and short sighted views either. Very happy to have a choice to live in a few EU cities, thanks for asking. Have no desire at all to live in Sydney and Melbourne, could but really both are over rated. I am fortunate to have the ability to live in Europe every year, if I wish, and immerse in the arts, culture and intelligent conversation that comes with living in such environments.
Ouch. Must have hit raw nerve with Malaysia. KL is an arm pit. So is Jakarta. Ho Chi Minh so much better.

Ouch again. Must of hit the raw nerve on your aspirations to leave the most isolated city on earth.

Yes I travel to Europe at least once a year too. Big deal.
Old Aug 26th 2018, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Mr T - Melbourne or Sydney - overrated - doesn't it depend onwhat people actually DO? If I had a dollar for everytime someone said there was no culture etc
in Australia [whilst they themselves had no, for example, classical training] then I would be a very rich man indeed..

I would suggest many people know nothing about the Arts, or part of the Arts in Melbourne, say, because they are simply not involved...
There are people who move from Melbourne to Europe and back again making a living - and we know the Arts can be brutal...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.