Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Expired Driving License

Expired Driving License

Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

beachboy19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expired Driving License

I am moving to Sydney with my husband on a 457 visa at the end of the month. I have an expired Florida driving license which expired last year July. Can any one please confirm if I can receive an Australian license considering my Florida license is expired? I do also have a provisional driving license for England but never go around to taking a test in London.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 7:51 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Expired Driving License

You may not be required to pass a car knowledge test or practical driving test if:

USA is on the recognised country list ...

However,
    From 18 April 2008, all new NSW licence applicants identified as temporary overseas visitors will be subject to the following licensing rules:

As a temporary overseas visitor, you will only be eligible to apply for a NSW licence once you have been in Australia for a continuous period of at least six months immediately prior to licence application.
    I think you may need to check this with the NSW RTA.