Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Expiration of Skilled Visa

Expiration of Skilled Visa

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Maggiemoo has a spectacular aura aboutMaggiemoo has a spectacular aura aboutMaggiemoo has a spectacular aura about
Question Expiration of Skilled Visa

Hi, this is a very specific question and I am sure it has been tackled somewhere on this forum before. I just don't know where?

My husband applied for subclass 136 Skilled-Independent Visa for residency in Australia which we were lucky enough to get. The visa started in June 03 for 5 years. We have travelled to Australia once since then to "validate" but due to personal/family problems I do not feel ready to move there just yet although we would like to go eventually.

My question is if we do not go there to live before the end of the existing visa in June 2008 where would we stand with entering the country as a resident after that date. What would the process be? Could we apply for another residency visa and what would be the likelihood of actually getting it?

Told you it was specific!! Help anyone? Trying to get information from Australia house is like swimming through custard - very difficult.

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 2:18 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Expiration of Skilled Visa

Originally Posted by Maggiemoo
Hi, this is a very specific question and I am sure it has been tackled somewhere on this forum before. I just don't know where?

My husband applied for subclass 136 Skilled-Independent Visa for residency in Australia which we were lucky enough to get. The visa started in June 03 for 5 years. We have travelled to Australia once since then to "validate" but due to personal/family problems I do not feel ready to move there just yet although we would like to go eventually.

My question is if we do not go there to live before the end of the existing visa in June 2008 where would we stand with entering the country as a resident after that date. What would the process be? Could we apply for another residency visa and what would be the likelihood of actually getting it?

Told you it was specific!! Help anyone? Trying to get information from Australia house is like swimming through custard - very difficult.

You can apply for a RRV (Return Resident Visa) but these are usually only granted to those who have spent a significant time and have ties to Australia.

Look up on the forum for RRV's

You can also apply for another skills visa once this expires but its another years wait and more cost.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:56 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark213
You can apply for a RRV (Return Resident Visa) but these are usually only granted to those who have spent a significant time and have ties to Australia.

Look up on the forum for RRV's
Start at http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf

You can also apply for another skills visa once this expires but its another years wait and more cost.
And they may no longer even qualify for a skills visa in the first place.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:50 am
JinViv

rkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nice

I think if you reach the age of 45 you won't be able to apply again anyway. It is worth checking though.

As someone has already said, you might not get the skills visa again. If you really want to go, you need to decide and move before your visa runs out.