Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Experiences of Flying Emirates from Glasgow to Perth

Experiences of Flying Emirates from Glasgow to Perth

Old Mar 19th 2007, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

jamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the rough
Default Experiences of Flying Emirates from Glasgow to Perth

Hi

I am looking into booking a holiday/reccie in late June/early Jul with wife and three children to Perth. We are based in Aberdeen and the option to drive to Glasgow and then take the Emirates flight via Dubai appeals as its the shortest route and involves two flights rather than 3 flights via London etc

Emirates fares appear quite competitive but I have read mixed reviews of service/aircraft etc.

Anyone done this flight and with a family in tow?

As these flights are part of the experience of getting there/potetially going there in the future I don't want to screw up so any experiences welcome.

Many thanks in advance

Best Regards

James
Old Mar 19th 2007, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

lfc4eva is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Experiences of Flying Emirates from Glasgow to Perth

Originally Posted by jamesegrant
Hi

I am looking into booking a holiday/reccie in late June/early Jul with wife and three children to Perth. We are based in Aberdeen and the option to drive to Glasgow and then take the Emirates flight via Dubai appeals as its the shortest route and involves two flights rather than 3 flights via London etc

Emirates fares appear quite competitive but I have read mixed reviews of service/aircraft etc.

As these flights are part of the experience of getting there/potetially going there in the future I don't want to screw up so any experiences welcome.

Many thanks in advance

Best Regards

James
i've not flown with them but my mate(who lives here for our summer and oz for our winter) swears by them, he won't fly with anyone else again. he's a single bloke though, so i don't know what the're like with kids. i've seen this topic before on here so do a search and you should find out more.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 3:29 pm
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

Hi

Many thanks in advance

Best Regards

James
Hi James,

We flew with them last July with 3 kids, 8, 6 and 7 months and it was fine. Plenty of entertainment for the older kids and pretty good food and all the drink is free! But only a good thing if you're not driving when you arrive.

We arrived about 5.30 pm which was dark! we never thought But by the time we got a hire car, found the house and had some dinner it was bedtime. We all slept till 11am the next day! The baby too!

I would say check in online cos then you don't need to q as much in the airport and you get to board the plane first when you have kids.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

ob
Old Mar 19th 2007, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

swimmingsaintee will become famous soon enough

we flew with them last December (05) with 4 kids and are flying with them again this Dec, from Glasgow to Perth. We thought they were great plane comfy food fine kids well entertained. Only slight gripe we had was that the plane on the Dubai to Perth leg was slightly older and smaller, but I see from website that this has been upgraded to the 777 thing ( big plane). We did look at flying via London this time to save a bit of money, but in all honesty decided that we'd rather pay a bit more for what we know to be good
Old Mar 19th 2007, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Many thanks in advance

Best Regards

James
Not Glasgow-Perth but Glasgow-Melbourne and Manchester-Melbourne, 7 times with Emirates, not with family in tow, best airline I've used. Have no fears! The journey is broken up nicely into 2 or 3 sectors for Melbourne (with Singapore on the 3 sector flight) anyway, I'd imagine there are direct flights Dubai to Perth and ones via Singapore.

Be also aware, if you are travelling after Sept 1st that Emirates are starting from Newcastle and they have fares of over £100 p.p lower than Glasgow as an introductory offer. If you are travelling before Sept 1st then not an option.

OzTennis
Old Mar 19th 2007, 4:09 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

hey mate if you book direct with emirates,you can have a stop over in a double room in dubi for an incredible..$35...
Old Mar 19th 2007, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

It's Emirates for us from Glasgow - tickets getting booked in the next week for July - cannie wait!!!

Sounds like they arent bad.

Hope all goes well for you.

Laura and Gordon
Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Just jumping on thread, We're flying with them next week ( 2 adults with kids aged 11 and 5 ) Man>Dubia>Perth !!
I regret not booking with them direct, the hotel prices in Dubai are a bit expensive ( compared to Malaysia anyway!! ).
I'll let you know how it all went
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

jamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the rough

Brilliant - have a great trip...

and thanks to everyone for the replies..

Cheers

James
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by john_w
Just jumping on thread, We're flying with them next week ( 2 adults with kids aged 11 and 5 ) Man>Dubia>Perth !!
I regret not booking with them direct, the hotel prices in Dubai are a bit expensive ( compared to Malaysia anyway!! ).
I'll let you know how it all went

daughter and i are also going with Emirates to Perth next week. Friday 30th - are we going to be on same flight? There is also anothe BE member who will be joining the same flight in Dubai _Could have our own mini meet
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
daughter and i are also going with Emirates to Perth next week. Friday 30th - are we going to be on same flight? There is also anothe BE member who will be joining the same flight in Dubai _Could have our own mini meet
I fly out of Manchester on monday night(26th), only in Dubai for one night then into Perth for very early hours of the 29th. Do you know if some of the BE people still meet up in Hilliarys?
Sorry, back to thread...if you book in online how do you reserve your seat number, I've looked on the website and theres a few variations on seat numbers depending on what plane is used and how many classes it has on board.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Patrick D is an unknown quantity at this point

It will take up 24 hours of your life. Why worry!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick D
It will take up 24 hours of your life. Why worry!
What, so nothing matters in life, it will just pass anyway? A trip such as this, for most people is one of the most memorable experiences of their life. They would prefer to have it memorable for the right reasons I guess.

(Emirates; Newcastle-Dubai-Melbourne, Dec)

OzTennis
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:58 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by john_w
I fly out of Manchester on monday night(26th), only in Dubai for one night then into Perth for very early hours of the 29th. Do you know if some of the BE people still meet up in Hilliarys?
Sorry, back to thread...if you book in online how do you reserve your seat number, I've looked on the website and theres a few variations on seat numbers depending on what plane is used and how many classes it has on board.
Yes the hillarys meet still takes place. It is at the Quay Cafe on Thursdays from 12pm. If you can't spot us ask any of the staff they will point you in the right direction.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

wesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nice

Hi

Many thanks in advance

Best Regards

James

Sorry to jump in here, but when I eventually get on the plane, anyone know how much leg room is there?? I'm 6ft and flying to America was not comfy , unless we upgraded. What's economy class like to Oz??
I know most people must get fidgity but I'd rather not have dead legs for 24 hours
thanks
Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.