Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Experience Needed Is This Correct

Experience Needed Is This Correct

Old Dec 22nd 2005, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all
Default Experience Needed Is This Correct

Hi

Is this correct???? If you have passed your TRA assessment and now want to apply for the visa is there a time limit of recent work experience of that particular trade that you have been assessed on?????? For example if you are assessed as a fitter, do you need to have worked in that particular trade in say the last 3 years to apply for visa. My hubby is doing TRA as a fitter but has not worked in that trade for 2 years he is now a boatbuilder/engineer.

Any advice much appreciated

Tracey
x
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:58 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experience Needed Is This Correct

Originally Posted by spaceys
Hi

Is this correct???? If you have passed your TRA assessment and now want to apply for the visa is there a time limit of recent work experience of that particular trade that you have been assessed on?????? For example if you are assessed as a fitter, do you need to have worked in that particular trade in say the last 3 years to apply for visa. My hubby is doing TRA as a fitter but has not worked in that trade for 2 years he is now a boatbuilder/engineer.

Any advice much appreciated

Tracey
x
I think I'm right in saying you don't need to be doing the job you had your TRA in but it must be on the skilled list and if it is not closely related to the job you got your TRA in then you may have to do another TRA to prove the skill level.
I was classed for TRA as metal machinist first class as I did a fitting and machining apprenticeship but I applied as a fitter as that is the job I have been doing since I finished my apprenticeship.
Both jobs are under the same heading and both were on the MODL so not to complicated.
If you are after the extra MODL points for fitter then maybe you should speak to an agent before you put your application in or you may shoot yourself in the foot.
Hope this helps.

Kevin