Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

From experience, how long from sending PC and Medicals does the visa get granted?

From experience, how long from sending PC and Medicals does the visa get granted?

Old Mar 17th 2004, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Poppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nice
Default From experience, how long from sending PC and Medicals does the visa get granted?

I posted this in the immigration section, but thought I might get more replies on here - she say hopefully!!:

I was Just curious as we have submitted ours and are just wondering how long we are looking at before we get an answer. We don't need to pay a bond either so the next time we hear will be yes or no - eeek!

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

I know I could look on ausitimeline, but it takes too long and I'm just being lazy!

Good luck to you all

Cheers

Poppy
Old Mar 17th 2004, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Poppy...dunno if it helps but from what i am told once they request meds/police checks you are in !!!!As long as no probs with these!!!!

I think the timescale depends on the visa type!!!

cheers

scott
Old Mar 17th 2004, 7:21 pm
Part of that group......

vickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant future

Hiya

We sent our police checks 14 weeks ago and Medicals 10 weks ago and are still waiting......not for much longer I hope...

Vickeyvixen
Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:09 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

we got told that it would take 8 weeks from medicals and found out in 5. as a general thing if u have a clean police check and not had t.b then u are in. i am a welder and smoke so if mine was ok then i wouldnt worry good luck jonny
Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:11 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Vickeyvixen ,

That seem's quite a long time , compared to other's.

were your meds / pc's straight forward?

all the best plum

Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:15 pm
TOB
Forum Regular

TOB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: From experience, how long from sending PC and Medicals does the visa get granted?

Hi,

Ours was pretty quick it only took just over 2 weeks!

Let's hope you don't have to wait too long.

Good luck

TOB

Originally posted by Poppy
I posted this in the immigration section, but thought I might get more replies on here - she say hopefully!!:

I was Just curious as we have submitted ours and are just wondering how long we are looking at before we get an answer. We don't need to pay a bond either so the next time we hear will be yes or no - eeek!

I know I could look on ausitimeline, but it takes too long and I'm just being lazy!

Good luck to you all

Cheers

Poppy
Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Poppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nice
Default Re: From experience, how long from sending PC and Medicals does the visa get granted?

Hi all

Thanks for your replies, seems like there is no standard time really anything up to 4 months perhaps - oh well, we'll just have to sit tight - and patiently!! Let's hope our life won't feel like it is on hold for too long!

Good luck with the move to all who have their visas and for all those who don't, lets hope the wait is short.

Cheers
Poppy
Old Mar 17th 2004, 10:08 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Ours took about 3 weeks.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 6:21 am
Part of that group......

vickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant future

Hiya Plumber

Our Meds and police checks were fine, we know they have recieved them because we were very naughty and phoned them to ask for confirmation... another day sitting and waiting...does wonders for your nerves....not !!

Vickeyvixen
Old Mar 18th 2004, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Ours took about 2.5 months. That was a couple of years ago though.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 8:20 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't belong now then!........the last few wks are painful i know, but your almost there.................hang on in there "Girl"

all the best plum

Old Mar 18th 2004, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

sdwis is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck to you all

Cheers

Poppy
Mine took 3-4 weeks, which occurred over the Christmas/New Year's time period.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

Hi all

Thanks for your replies, seems like there is no standard time really anything up to 4 months perhaps - oh well, we'll just have to sit tight - and patiently!! Let's hope our life won't feel like it is on hold for too long!

Good luck with the move to all who have their visas and for all those who don't, lets hope the wait is short.

Cheers
Poppy

Hi Poppy,
sounds like you are int the same boat as me, we took our medicals and penals before they asked. We sent the penals off about a week before and the meds were on thier way two days after, the change of circumstance letter was on its way this week.
I know its all abit haphazard but thats how things work out somtimes, so heres counting.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for more replies. It does look encouraging, I'm thinking about 6 weeks looks reasonable!

This site does get addictive when you're waiting for news, you just want to hear about people in the same situation and it makes you feel better - so thanks!

I don't know about anybody else, but I always follow certain people's threads because I know that they have sent off info when we did and then if they hear, you would hope you won't be far behind - worked for the PC and medical requests, so lets hope it's the same for the visas!

Lots of luck

Cheers
Poppy
Old Mar 18th 2004, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Pheobe is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for more replies. It does look encouraging, I'm thinking about 6 weeks looks reasonable!

This site does get addictive when you're waiting for news, you just want to hear about people in the same situation and it makes you feel better - so thanks!

I don't know about anybody else, but I always follow certain people's threads because I know that they have sent off info when we did and then if they hear, you would hope you won't be far behind - worked for the PC and medical requests, so lets hope it's the same for the visas!

Lots of luck

Cheers
Poppy
You're right about it being addictive. We are waiting on PC and Meds being returned so we can send off our visa application too. Lets hope none of us have to wait too long. Exciting isn't it.