Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Experience of Engineering skills assessment

Experience of Engineering skills assessment

Old Aug 25th 2005, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Daka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Experience of Engineering skills assessment

Just wondered if anyone here had experience of the skills assessment for engineers. Institute of Engineers Australia is the assessing body I believe.
Anyone had any problems? An idea of what they need and time scales would be useful.
Thanks
Old Aug 25th 2005, 7:40 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experience of Engineering skills assessment

Originally Posted by Daka
Just wondered if anyone here had experience of the skills assessment for engineers. Institute of Engineers Australia is the assessing body I believe.
Anyone had any problems? An idea of what they need and time scales would be useful.
Thanks
Hi Daka,

I went through IEAUST - It was fairly painless, the only real effort being in the writing of the career episodes and referencing. I have saved all of mine if you need to have a look at a sample layout etc. PM me if you need to. It is better if you can go through one of the accords as opposed to the episodes thing, as it's not so many forms to fill in.

The process itself only takes a couple of weeks. I dropped the application in to the IEAUST when I was on a two week holiday, and my positive assessment was sitting on my doorstep when I got back, so they're fairly swift.

S
Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

minimal has a spectacular aura aboutminimal has a spectacular aura aboutminimal has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Daka
Thanks
I did this at the end of last year. No problems - I did a course accredited by the Washington accord so didn't have to supply any experience info. Took 4 or 5 weeks.

Good Luck with it
Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Daka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by minimal
I did this at the end of last year. No problems - I did a course accredited by the Washington accord so didn't have to supply any experience info. Took 4 or 5 weeks.

Good Luck with it
Thanks - it looks as if his degree is also acredited which makes it simpler.