Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Expensive real estate blamed on immigrants....

Expensive real estate blamed on immigrants....

Closed Thread

Old Jan 17th 2010, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Expensive real estate blamed on immigrants....

Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
I posted a comment. I strongly doubt they'll publish it however, so here it is:

Guess what? The number of male circumcisions carried out over the last 10 years has risen year-on-year too. So by your infantile logic - circumcised boys are the cause of rising house prices.

Your article should have been publised side by side with it!!........yes, that is what it is...immigrant bashing....sadly, a good % of the population who will read the article on the "reputable" www.news.com.au and take it as fact.....at work in the lunch room one of my office workers jokingly blamed the rising prices of groceries on the "bloody immigrants"....so articles like this dont help at all....
Old Jan 17th 2010, 6:58 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by obiwan View Post
Go ahead and blame the migrants....

I mean, I am sure there are some but....how many migrants do you know who arrived within the past 5 years can afford to buy 5 houses?

http://www.news.com.au/money/propert...-1225820461473
looks like some of these skilled immigrants include the odd Daily Mail "journalist" now plying their trade down under
Old Jan 18th 2010, 4:51 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by obiwan View Post
Go ahead and blame the migrants....

I mean, I am sure there are some but....how many migrants do you know who arrived within the past 5 years can afford to buy 5 houses?

what beggers belief is the number of people who are writing in agreeing with this nonsense

for what its worth my reply

complete and utter nonsense
house prices in the uk have gone up exactly the same amount ie on average by 187% over the last ten years
are they whining its all about immigrants? no
http://www.bettermoneyadvice.co.uk/s...?loadID=115%20

get your facts right as it only makes you look stupid

regards steve

Last edited by steve`o; Jan 18th 2010 at 5:01 am.