Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Expensive Luxuries

Expensive Luxuries

Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light
Default Expensive Luxuries

As some of you know i am based in Cyprus untill our move to OZ.
The other day while shopping the kids asked for some Heinz baked beans,Not an unreasonable request or so i thought.
after the conversion these cost £1.10 a tin

Would you buy such luxuries or stick to local brands ??

Di
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:40 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Expensive Luxuries

Plant a row of beans?
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:42 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Quinkana
Plant a row of beans?

From a can of Heinz ????
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:49 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
From a can of Heinz ????
Don't bother with baked beans in Oz. They are really creamy but don't taste of anything
Old Nov 12th 2004, 11:07 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by worzel
Don't bother with baked beans in Oz. They are really creamy but don't taste of anything
What about the Heinz English variety that you get in Woolworths and Coles, for about $1.25 ?

Old Nov 12th 2004, 11:26 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Oh, I see:

Old Nov 12th 2004, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

'Own brand' beans, found in 'Coles' and 'Woolies', 35c per can, great for a nights campin' out under the stars and taste no different to Heinz ( unless you're Jamie Oliver ).

Dunna stress, it's all here!!!!!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 12:28 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
What about the Heinz English variety that you get in Woolworths and Coles, for about $1.25 ?
I think we bought Watties (the label looked like Heinz) and my daughter refused to eat them
Old Nov 12th 2004, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I think we bought Watties (the label looked like Heinz) and my daughter refused to eat them
Don't blame her. Watties are a New Zealand brand. Stick with Heinz.