Expensive cars

Old Jan 29th 2012, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Expensive cars

Theyve lost the bleedin plot from the look of it. This car shouldnt be more than £5000.. Never mind $40,000!!! Unbelievable!

http://www.brisbanecarmarket.com/vie...Wagon/5458752/
Old Jan 29th 2012, 6:14 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expensive cars

It's a diesel 100 series 'Cruiser... the outback tourer of choice for all the nomads... check out carsales.com.au and I think you'll find a whole bunch of 2004-2006 models at over $50k... they're worth whatever anyone will pay...
Old Jan 29th 2012, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

WOW!!

Should import them from the UK and make some wedge! lol
Old Jan 29th 2012, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
WOW!!

Have a look into that and you'll see why we don't all do it.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Have a look into that and you'll see why we don't all do it.
Yeah I guessed there would be a hitch!
Old Jan 29th 2012, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

WOW!!

Would be like anything else thats 10 X the price here, if you import it it wouldnt meet 'australian standards'.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Theyve lost the bleedin plot from the look of it. This car shouldnt be more than £5000.. Never mind $40,000!!! Unbelievable!

http://www.brisbanecarmarket.com/vie...Wagon/5458752/
It's a joke isn't it. Never mind I suppose amazulu or commonwealth will be telling you it's great because it's in Australia and everywhere else is crap.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by isgraham
It's a joke isn't it. Never mind I suppose amazulu or commonwealth will be telling you it's great because it's in Australia and everywhere else is crap.
So I buy a new Toyota in Australia and when I come to sell it, some years later, I still get a decent resale price.
or.....
I buy a new Toyota in the UK and when I come to sell it, some years later, I get the price of a couple of Mars bars and a can of coke for it.

You tell me which one is the "joke"
Old Jan 29th 2012, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

So I buy a new Toyota in Australia and when I come to sell it, some years later, I still get a decent resale price.
or.....
I buy a new Toyota in the UK and when I come to sell it, some years later, I get the price of a couple of Mars bars and a can of coke for it.

You tell me which one is the "joke"
or you buy a reasonably priced second hand car in the UK
or you buy a very high priced second hand car in australia

works both ways.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 10:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by In Exile
or you buy a reasonably priced second hand car in the UK
or you buy a very high priced second hand car in australia

works both ways.

or you buy a reasonably priced second hand car in the UK... and when you come to sell it it's worthless.
or you buy a very high priced second hand car in australia... and when you come to sell it you get a decent return.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

or you buy a very high priced second hand car in australia... and when you come to sell it you get a decent return.
But do you??

Certainly not at a car dealership.

Honda wanted to halve the price of our Sedan, when we tried to trade it in, it was only 18 months old.

On cars 10 years or over, most aussie dealers will only offer you the bog standard $2000 trade in.

You have to find that private buyer who has more cash than brains I guess
Old Jan 29th 2012, 10:45 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

People buy Landcruisers in the UK so they look good attending a point-to-point meeting. A second-hand one doesn't cut the mustard so the demand for used ones is low and so is the price.

People buy Landcruisers in Australia because they are necessary to access large parts of the country, spare parts are available everywhere, and they have a proven reliability record. Second-hand ones are in great demand and the prices are correspondingly high.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by KJCherokee

People buy Landcruisers in Australia because they are necessary to .......

Impress on the 3klm traffic jam to the local primary school
Old Jan 29th 2012, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

or you buy a reasonably priced second hand car in the UK... and when you come to sell it it's worthless.
or you buy a reasonably priced second hand car in the UK... and when you come to sell it it's worthless. but you have not been hit with the initial (and significantly larger) depreciation from new>used

or you buy a very high priced second hand car in australia... and when you come to sell it you get a decent return. to recoup some of the money you spent in buying a more expensive second hand car

Old Jan 29th 2012, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
People buy Landcruisers in the UK so they look good attending a point-to-point meeting. A second-hand one doesn't cut the mustard so the demand for used ones is low and so is the price.

People buy Landcruisers in Australia because they are necessary to access large parts of the country, spare parts are available everywhere, and they have a proven reliability record. Second-hand ones are in great demand and the prices are correspondingly high.
ha ha! surely not. people buy landcruisers in Australia so they can drive Little Johnny to football practice and make sure he's absolutely 100% safe because he coudn't be harmed inside a tank.
It further protects him from impact jolts when they bash into other cars whilst parking.

I'll invent a statistic thats probably not too far off the mark: 90% of 'off road' vehicles in Australia have never left the main cities or highways.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.