Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Expensive business applying for visa isnt it?

Expensive business applying for visa isnt it?

Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of
Question Expensive business applying for visa isnt it?

Does anyone have any ideas of ways to make extra money? I work 4 12hour shifts and then have four off. Have just applyed to become an Avon rep!!! Has anyone tried doing home work? Finding 1038 GBP every 3 months (agents fees) is a bit tricky. Plus then theres the shipping costs, dog transportation etc etc.

Your inspiration would be appreciated. Lol x :scared:
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:03 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expensive business applying for visa isnt it?

Personally I'd get a better agent, our fees were £1450 for the agent (plus Visa and TRA)

you're being ripped off...
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bridiej
Personally I'd get a better agent, our fees were £1450 for the agent (plus Visa and TRA)

you're being ripped off...
Perhaps i exagerated. Its 1038 now then 1038 in 3 months for tra application, then medical fees etc then 1935ADollars when application is complete. That includes everything. About 3500gbp in total. Is that too expensive then? We are using Visa Bureau
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

What ever the fees you are paying i agree the whole visa process is very expensive.Even once the house is sold etc You are not as well off as you thought.Its all gonna cost a lot to set up a new life anywhere at the end of the day.
Good Luck with the working from home.Its not easy and there are so many home-working scams out there. Beware.!
You should be fine with Avon though.I think their cosmetics are really good.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply and i agree its worth it in the end. I havent tried working from home yet. Dont know where to look. Anything to keep me from browsing ebay. I think i am addicted. Do you think there is an ebay annonymous club???
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

if there is my husband belongs to it.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:44 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebardies
Does anyone have any ideas of ways to make extra money? I work 4 12hour shifts and then have four off. Have just applyed to become an Avon rep!!! Has anyone tried doing home work? Finding 1038 GBP every 3 months (agents fees) is a bit tricky. Plus then theres the shipping costs, dog transportation etc etc.

Your inspiration would be appreciated. Lol x :scared:
Slightly off topic - but check out this thread i started a while ago.....
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
if there is my husband belongs to it.
Mine too. He's the buggar that got me addicted!! Only difference is i buy useful things for the home such as bargain sofas for 30 pounds. He spends 300 on his dj equipment!!!! Perhaps if i auction him i could make some money for the visa fees!!!
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks wargod!! Now i want to cry. Think i will have to put the two dogs on ebay too!!!! :scared: :scared:
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:58 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebardies
Thanks wargod!! Now i want to cry. Think i will have to put the two dogs on ebay too!!!! :scared: :scared:
I can only say - read my signature
Old Sep 13th 2005, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Centurion
I can only say - read my signature
I know. Wouldnt get rid of them for the world. They keep me company and safe (i have two Rotties) while my hubbie is away on business. Just thinking of ways to raise money!!
Old Sep 13th 2005, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

We get a betterware cataloge put through our door which always seems OK. I have ordered stuff through it and its been good. I think they work in the the same sort of way as Avon but with household items.

Or how about selling on ebay rather than buying . We've made a lot more than we expected selling stuff we don't need on ebay plus we also save shipping money by no longer owning the item.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spottydog
We get a betterware cataloge put through our door which always seems OK. I have ordered stuff through it and its been good. I think they work in the the same sort of way as Avon but with household items.

Or how about selling on ebay rather than buying . We've made a lot more than we expected selling stuff we don't need on ebay plus we also save shipping money by no longer owning the item.
yes we do sell on ebay but still need most things at the mo. Will get busy towards the end. We do still have a house in France to sell so that should raise some cash.

Will look in to betterware. Thankyou