expensive

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:53 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: expensive

Originally Posted by Margaret3
ehhhhhhh yes i do know, i have spent the last 43 years living in scotland, and mellie 10 months
GOOD!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Rich_Lyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tictac
How do you figure that out? Unless you're renting prime real estate in the middle of the CBD, how can a mortgage of $500k be cheaper than renting?

The lifestyle aspects you mention are great and though I'd question whether there is 'less crime' (than the UK), I agree wholeheartedly that you cannot put a price on the life experience that your kids will benefit from as a result of spending some time, however long, living 'overseas'.
Hi Tictac,
Assuming you had a mortgage fixed before the latest interest rate rises, 500k mortgage would be @3500. We know we could get a rental home (3 bed) for @500pw, but we moved to OZ to be near the beach so are on the north shore, where you cannot get a 3 bed house for much less that 800pw. Unfortunately, the nearer the beach the more cash, it seems.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
there is alot of threads about health insurance and this is my opinion , having spent the last 10 months working in and around the public and private hosps in melbourne, the docs are ripping the health insurance companys off.

I am happy to be penalised at the tax year than have private health insurance, which by my calculations i will pay a levy of $500 which is still less than the cheapest health insurance which i worked out at $100 per month. Was talking to a patient with health insurance the other day, and he said it depends on what your are attending the doctor with , whether or not to declare you have private health insurance as most aussies at present cannot afford the 'extras' on the health insurance.

From what ave seen , i'll take my chances, i would much rather feel 'safe', in a public hosp, than 'unsafe' in a private one, but it has a nice carpet.

I think it would be wiser if you were on a budget to take out insurance against 'loss of earnings', to cover unforeseeable illness

However, i am lucky that i came without any medical or other illness's, if i were coming to aus with a known medical or other problem , then it may be wise to get private health insurance, every individual has differnt needs from health care and should consider them,
I agree with this.

BTW has anyone factored in the expense of resoling their shoes - bet it is the missing hole in many of your budgets. Cost me 60 bucks to do mine the other weekend!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gorgeousgal
Where are you heading?
Hi gorgeousgal,

My OH is set on Brisbane. I am a little unsure still and am considering Perth. Whatever happens though, we will settle for around 6 months or so and consider our options then. Stay where we landed or move on.

Oz is such a big country, it's difficult to know where is best! Trial and error!

What about you?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:03 am
NO, we're GOING there....

gorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nice

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Hi gorgeousgal,

My OH is set on Brisbane. I am a little unsure still and am considering Perth. Whatever happens though, we will settle for around 6 months or so and consider our options then. Stay where we landed or move on.

Oz is such a big country, it's difficult to know where is best! Trial and error!

What about you?
NSW, not sure where yet? Maybe central coast? I'd like some land, so something quite rural.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

NSW, not sure where yet? Maybe central coast? I'd like some land, so something quite rural.
My OH would like to build. But we still have sooooooo much research to do before we actually make the decision. I'm kind of putting it out my mind at the moment!

We don't have to actually decide for another 6 months to a year. When do you plan to move out?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

You can get some reasonably priced property and land on the Central Coast as long as you dont mind being a bit away from the beach.

Jo
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:55 am
Just Joined

mitosblog will become famous soon enough

when petrol increases it virtually affects everything....

we may have to rely more on public transport to save costs.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:15 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitosblog
when petrol increases it virtually affects everything....

we may have to rely more on public transport to save costs.
When you can *get* any! There's been no premium petrol in NSW for almost two months!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Trixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really nice

I'd seriously think twice. Things are only going to get worse on the economic front given the Labour government. Interest rates going up almost monthly now, super plummeting, and the whining sound of the blame game set to be in motion for three long years.

Stick to where are for a while, it's the devil you know. If you feel you must make the move now, don't commit to anything you can't get out of.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:10 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixy
I'd seriously think twice. Things are only going to get worse on the economic front given the Labour government. Interest rates going up almost monthly now, super plummeting, and the whining sound of the blame game set to be in motion for three long years.

Stick to where are for a while, it's the devil you know. If you feel you must make the move now, don't commit to anything you can't get out of.
Trixy, it's Labor not Labour.

You must be one of the 7% that yearn for a Liberal government.

"HE is officially the most unpopular Opposition leader in Australian history but Brendan Nelson just wants people to focus on interest rates."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...-29277,00.html
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Trixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really nice

Nah I went to school here. It's Labour.

I don't care about Brendan he's not the one in charge now. He's not the one doing a slack job of keeping inflation down.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:16 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nah I went to school here. It's Labour.

I don't care about Brendan he's not the one in charge now. He's not the one doing a slack job of keeping inflation down.
I think renth is right , its labor, its was a historical thing, to disquinish themselves from the british LABOUR govt
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Amusing isn't it? Australia copying the Americans to spell the 'people's' party like a yank would. It will always be labour to me, as in hard labour.

Can't wait for Rudd to start up his blame sermon again today after the rates go to a 12 year high.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

He's not the one doing a slack job of keeping inflation down.

... And Johnny H did so much in his tenure, didn't he?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.