Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Expedia - do you still get extra allowance?

Expedia - do you still get extra allowance?

Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Rockville is on a distinguished road
Default Expedia - do you still get extra allowance?

Just about to book my flights over to Australia. Will be flying with Emirates but cheaper to book through expedia. Was wondering if you can still get the extra allowance ie 40kg if you book through a third party?
Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Expedia - do you still get extra allowance?

Originally Posted by Rockville
Just about to book my flights over to Australia. Will be flying with Emirates but cheaper to book through expedia. Was wondering if you can still get the extra allowance ie 40kg if you book through a third party?
Thanks
Hi

We are going to Brisbane on Monday, we booked through Airline-Network.Co.UK then e-mailed Singapore air. They sent us an e-mail confirming all unstamped visas for full fare paying passengers are allowed double allowance or 40 kg, and 7kg hand-luggage. I will be taking the e-mail when I go to the airport!!

Just in case

Last edited by tabby; Jun 8th 2005 at 8:27 am. Reason: Typos!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expedia - do you still get extra allowance?

You may get the allowance booking through a third party, but it depends on the airline - you need to contact whichever airline it is - Emirates in this case - and ask them for it- the baggage allowance is not up to the agent (Expedia). Make sure you get it confirmed in writing, otherwise you may have a shock at the airport