Expats rate for UK car rentals?

Wikiposts

Expats rate for UK car rentals?

Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Rach&Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expats rate for UK car rentals?

Hi everyone,

My husband and I moved to Melbourne 13 months ago. I am planning to make my first trip back to the UK in Jan, leaving my husband to fend for himself for 6 weeks ! Since there won’t be any trusty trams in sight I plan to hire a car whilst I am over there. On hearing this, my mother in-law (who lives in Oz) told me that some of the major car rental companies do a special rate for expats. Does anyone know if this is true as I have been unable to find out any such info on the rentals web sites?

Thanks,
Rachel
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:07 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expats rate for UK car rentals?

Originally Posted by Rach&Mike
Hi everyone,

My husband and I moved to Melbourne 13 months ago. I am planning to make my first trip back to the UK in Jan, leaving my husband to fend for himself for 6 weeks ! Since there won’t be any trusty trams in sight I plan to hire a car whilst I am over there. On hearing this, my mother in-law (who lives in Oz) told me that some of the major car rental companies do a special rate for expats. Does anyone know if this is true as I have been unable to find out any such info on the rentals web sites?

Thanks,
Rachel
I can't help with your particular query but be wary as it may work against you. I looked up prices for hiring in Aus before we came out and it was a lot MORE if we stated we were UK residents rather than Aussie residents. So it might be worth claiming you are from the UK and give your MIL's address.