Reload this Page >

Expats in Mosman/North Sydney

Expats in Mosman/North Sydney

Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Julesp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expats in Mosman/North Sydney

Hi,

I have recently moved over to Sydney from London with my girlfriend Helen, and am looking for some other expats to meet up with (especially since I have found my Aussie colleagues don't do the whole after works drinks thing!

I am currently living in Mosman <<snipped>> and working in North Sydney <<snipped>>
Look forward to meeting up with some new people,

Cheers

Jules

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 16th 2010 at 3:16 am. Reason: sorry, edited slightly for anti-weirdo protection!
Old Nov 14th 2010, 7:38 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expats in Mosman/North Sydney

That's an awful lot of personal information to put on the internet, Jules. There are a lot of weirdos here, oops, I mean out there. You might want to edit it.

I don't know about anything going on on the North Shore (apart from daytime mummy things that get posted on here).

A bunch of BEers meet up in the city for drinks every Thursday evening and post location details on here a few days in advance. I've only made it once (and I was definitely the old lady of the group!) but they all seemed relatively normal
Old Nov 16th 2010, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Eh?

Had OP edited it already? There's nothing on there thats that bad
Old Nov 16th 2010, 2:08 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Mate, I used to run a message board and I can tell you, determined nutters gather up information from posts. I had one refer to a member's location, family and even colleagues' names online once, after the member called him out on something, and he wasn't the kind of man I'd like knowing where I lived.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 2:57 am
cdb
Just Joined

cdb is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Neutral bay opposite the oaks, Would be up for drinks , If you're interested let me know and i'll pm you my number.

Also if you're up for it theres a group of us meeting for beer at the Bavarian beer cafe on Thursday at 07.30 in Manly.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 3:03 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Julesp
Hi,

I have recently moved over to Sydney from London with my girlfriend Helen, and am looking for some other expats to meet up with (especially since I have found my Aussie colleagues don't do the whole after works drinks thing!

I am currently living in Mosman <<>> and working in North Sydney
Look forward to meeting up with some new people,

Cheers

Jules
Hi Jules and welcome to B.E.

You really might want to remove your fairly detailed location description of your home address. (I have asked a moderator to snip the details, which has now been done.)

Also, I'll move your thread to the meet-ups section where it might get more responses. I'll leave a re-direct for a week so you can still find it.

Alistair.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; Nov 16th 2010 at 3:28 am. Reason: ammended
Old Nov 16th 2010, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cdb
I live in Neutral bay opposite the oaks, Would be up for drinks , If you're interested let me know and i'll pm you my number.

Also if you're up for it theres a group of us meeting for beer at the Bavarian beer cafe on Thursday at 07.30 in Manly.
Looks like you get alcoholics everywhere. 0730 for a beer.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Seasider
Mate, I used to run a message board and I can tell you, determined nutters gather up information from posts. I had one refer to a member's location, family and even colleagues' names online once, after the member called him out on something, and he wasn't the kind of man I'd like knowing where I lived.
Hmmm didn't know that. I thought the OP just left the vicinity of where he lived but fair enough. For the record I live in Cronulla
Old Jan 25th 2011, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

princio is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jules

Me and my girlfriend are in a similar position we've just moved to Mosman ourselves from Leeds.

We're currently doing the 2 camping chairs, bed and a tv all in one room until our stuff arrives from the UK.

Be up for a beer or 2 if you haven't made loads of new friends already and if you have maybe we could tag along?

Cheers,

Andy and Hayley