Reload this Page >

Expats head home (to Aus) to cash in on boom

Expats head home (to Aus) to cash in on boom

Old May 23rd 2008, 10:29 pm

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expats head home (to Aus) to cash in on boom

Expats head home to cash in on boom
http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...183108417.html

AS SIGNS grow of an economic slowdown in Britain, about 34,000 expatriate Australians are seeking to return home in search of work.

But according to a leading recruiter, they will have to compete with three times as many Europeans who also want to capitalise on the strong Australian economy.

This week, Link Recruitment launched its first seminars in London for professionals seeking work here, after research by the firm found that each year, 34,000 Australians plan to return home.

A further 110,000 British and European professionals are also seeking work in Australia, said Link's international recruitment manager, Mehreen Dakhan.
Old May 24th 2008, 6:42 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Expats head home (to Aus) to cash in on boom

"Curioser and curioser", said Alice.

Old May 24th 2008, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Expats head home (to Aus) to cash in on boom

The building trade in London has slow down. Apart from new olympic village and a few tower blocks that have been started, business in london dont seem to be spending there cash on refits which count for probably 75% of the work for trademen.
Old May 24th 2008, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expats head home (to Aus) to cash in on boom

It feels like to me at least like the best time financially since I came here in 1980. Mind you that could be something to do with finally having the youngest become almost independant of daytime supervision.

I've never had the confidence to set the financial goals I've set for myself in the next 30 months. Interest rates cannot go much higher, Building costs set to come down slightly, Rents to go up, unfortunate for some, but good for me knowing this is a certain fact, and the wife and I in very secure employment. The cashed up Chinese moving here in droves (Melbourne and Sydney central) keeping the inner city financial outlook optimistic.

Tax cuts and pay rises keeping in touch with petrol costs and interest rate hikes.... My only worry is the Chinese economy slowing down after the Olympics.