Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Expat rental budget

Expat rental budget

Old Mar 19th 2007, 4:02 am
Just Joined

ontheroad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expat rental budget

What's the average rental budget for an expat family w/ 2 kids (in Sydney)?
Thanks.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 4:27 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Expat rental budget

Originally Posted by ontheroad
What's the average rental budget for an expat family w/ 2 kids (in Sydney)?
Thanks.
obviously depends on so many criteria but for a 3 bed house/unit in a area within an hour commute of the city i'd be budgeting $350-450 per week at least
this is just my expectation based on previous experience
you would be best to research on one of the real estate websites with factors that are relevant to you
Old Mar 19th 2007, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Thanks, I've had a look at the realestate websites, but I was wondering what most people were getting in their expat packages, as we're negociating ours.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 4:40 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ontheroad
Thanks, I've had a look at the realestate websites, but I was wondering what most people were getting in their expat packages, as we're negociating ours.
by expat package do you mean your employer is meeting some of the cost of your rental as part of a sponsorship package?
a bit more detail as to your requirements would help get a better idea, do you want furnished/unfurnished, house/unit, close to beach/city/transport etc.
if you want a 3 bed house in the city near to a ferry quay you'll be paying a lot more than $450
Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Yes, I wanted to know who much people are getting from their company when it's paying the rent as part of an expat package for a family of 4...
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Friends of mine who came from the UK to Sydney some 3 yrs ago now got something like $400 a week as a subsidy- they were a family of three.