View Poll Results: How does your partner feel about Expats?
Expats? What's that?
20.00%
They're a bit concerned about my behaviour
36.00%
Expats is fine - it has it's place
32.00%
They're equally obsessed - has own user name
12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Expat Partners

Old Sep 20th 2003, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Expat Partners

How does your partner feel about your addiction to expats? Mine is slowly coming 'round. After being slightly worried about my obsession, I've caught him reading the threads on a few occasions. Sometimes he's gone on about submitting an answer, but I've always put him off as it would be under my user name! (He'll have to get his own if he wants to play!). What do your partners feel? I know some are on here already anyway... do you have to fight to get on the computer?
Old Sep 20th 2003, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

No i have been in control since we decided to immigrate as i find it easier to retain information. Did go through a phase of being on here all the time but that soon fades with time.

footie chick
Old Sep 20th 2003, 2:04 pm
WBB

her indoors doesnt know how to turn a computer on never mind reply to a forum/newsgroup, although she asks me to find information and does take an interest in expats.

Old Sep 20th 2003, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

My Hubby has been on the site once! Unfortunately he is really slow at typing so it would take him about 10 mins to write a post.
I don't want him to get too interested, then I would have to fight him for the PC.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 4:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I did introduce the Bloke to Expats while he was over here, and he kept reading posts over my shoulder (though I wasn't on here much with him around to tempt me away from the pc!). However, he is another guy who is very slow at typing, and has no previous experience of the internet, so I don't think he will get too hooked. I forsee having to fight him for the computer now we have a flight sim loaded on it though!!
He did say that he finds the idea of being so friendly with people I haven't met is a little odd, but I also thinks he realises that, as I will be in a strange country, I need to talk to people who understand what I'm feeling. Quite perceptive for a man really!!!
And I think he is encouraged by the fact that we had that meet in Brighton a few months ago, and are planning another - because we have started meeting each other, I think that makes it seem more "real" to him!!
Old Sep 20th 2003, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Expat Partners

Originally posted by Larissa
How does your partner feel about your addiction to expats? Mine is slowly coming 'round. After being slightly worried about my obsession, I've caught him reading the threads on a few occasions. Sometimes he's gone on about submitting an answer, but I've always put him off as it would be under my user name! (He'll have to get his own if he wants to play!). What do your partners feel? I know some are on here already anyway... do you have to fight to get on the computer?

Hubby doesn't know how to turn on my pc let alone type!
he's fine with me being on it as long as he's watching the footie!!!
rach

Old Sep 20th 2003, 5:24 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Like you Larissa i told matt to get his own name if he wanted to post on here. So he did and you all know him as the deeply disturbing induvidual that is HUP. And yes we do squabble over the pc, luckily its ok in the week as he's got one at work!
Old Sep 20th 2003, 11:02 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is, it's lucky we have 5 computers!
Old Sep 20th 2003, 11:10 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Mrs was looking at the forum last night whilst I was on a stag night. She wasn't happy that I listed Holly along with her as sexiest Aussie. OOppppsss. I am not hearing the end of that one. She thought there might be useful info on here. She is now more worried about the site.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 11:13 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Mrs was looking at the forum last night whilst I was on a stag night. She wasn't happy that I listed Holly along with her as sexiest Aussie. OOppppsss. I am not hearing the end of that one. She thought there might be useful info on here. She is now more worried about the site.
I dont blame her, look at how many posts you have in 1 month, I would be worried too
Old Sep 21st 2003, 4:59 pm
I Love Brisbane !

Brisgal is an unknown quantity at this point

My boyfriend Brisbane Brummie found this site first ! We met via another Forum on simpleminds.com about 2 years ago. I am from Brisbane and my boyfriend is from Birmingham, we are both living in South Wales. So we are both expat posters !!
Old Sep 21st 2003, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby thiks I'm a fruitcake after reading my contributions to " Our " little stories! He uses it now and again, but only for work related info - he leaves the rest to me. Good job really, he knows not to mess with Fozzy bear!