Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exciting football news

Exciting football news

Old Oct 31st 2005, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Exciting football news

I have just found out this evening that my son has been offered the place of club mascot for a Carling Cup match.

We are all so excited . He has never even been to a match before and is now going to get to walk on the pitch with his idols.

So, I will also be going to my first ever football match. Don't have a clue whats going on and I dont know who most of the players are , but it will be great seeing my little lad grinning all over when the day comes.

Wonder if it'll be televised

Tracey
Old Oct 31st 2005, 9:55 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Exciting football news

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I have just found out this evening that my son has been offered the place of club mascot for a Carling Cup match.

We are all so excited . He has never even been to a match before and is now going to get to walk on the pitch with his idols.

So, I will also be going to my first ever football match. Don't have a clue whats going on and I dont know who most of the players are , but it will be great seeing my little lad grinning all over when the day comes.

Tracey
My nephew did that at a Glasgow Rangers match...he was thrilled to bits...and the pics from the day are on the internet so hes even more chuffed lol
Old Oct 31st 2005, 9:58 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tracey.d

Tracey
Thats going to be one of the best things your boy will do ever , lucky boy that for sure !
Enjoy every moment
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Thats going to be one of the best things your boy will do ever , lucky boy that for sure !
Enjoy every moment

I know!!! He was grinning from ear to ear when I showed him the email. Then when i mentioned walking on the pitch his chin nearly hit the floor. When I asked him what he thought it meant he said "waving a thing with the teams name on!!!" . If he was excited about that can you imagine how excited he'll be actually going on the pitch

Last edited by tracey.d; Oct 31st 2005 at 10:06 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by biggy
My nephew did that at a Glasgow Rangers match...he was thrilled to bits...and the pics from the day are on the internet so hes even more chuffed lol
How cool. Do they take a photo for the child or anything? I dont really know what to expect to be honest.

My daughter told him he should take a ball to get signed and sell on Ebay . Shes going to be a highflyer that one

Tracey
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
it's great news for a parent. although i imagine lots of parents who's sons do go to the football and support there team would be a little miffed

Billy
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by billy0911
Hi
it's great news for a parent. although i imagine lots of parents who's sons do go to the football and support there team would be a little miffed

Billy

Well, its up to them to write in and ask then isn't it?????

I dont feel guilty in the slightest. The only reason he hasnt been to a match is because he hasnt got a Dad to go with and I dont really like football although I have been trying to get tickets to take him to the Boxing Day match. He is too young to go on his own.

It is very difficult to get hold of tickets unless you are a season ticket holder. Just because he doesn't go to the matches doesnt mean he doesnt support them. He watches all the matches when they are on TV and reads everything he can about them. It was his birthday last week and I was lucky enough to be able to get him a signed team shirt which he was that pleased with it made him cry.

So, I refuse to feel bad about his good fortune. I guess you are like some other people on here who just like to p**s on other peoples parade

Tracey
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:20 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, that's great Tracey.
If/When you find out if it's to be televised let us know and we'll all cheer him on
Julie
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Ah, that's great Tracey.
If/When you find out if it's to be televised let us know and we'll all cheer him on
Julie
Thanks mate
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Good for you Tracey. Which team is it?
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Tracey
if you read the first part of my reply it says it is great news for the parent
however i do things with my daughter i really don't like but i do it all the same
also i did not judge you but please feel free to judge me although i don.t know how you can when you don't even know me
and as for p*** on your parade give me a break you do the best for you children no matter what and you are quite correct for that however i do know of kids who are on waiting lists and have been members of teams supporters clubs for a lot of years and still wait for this great moment so the best of luck to you and i hope you have a great day

Billy
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tracey
if you read the first part of my reply it says it is great news for the parent
however i do things with my daughter i really don't like but i do it all the same
also i did not judge you but please feel free to judge me although i don.t know how you can when you don't even know me
and as for p*** on your parade give me a break you do the best for you children no matter what and you are quite correct for that however i do know of kids who are on waiting lists and have been members of teams supporters clubs for a lot of years and still wait for this great moment so the best of luck to you and i hope you have a great day

Billy

Well, I'm sorry if you didnt mean to be horrible but read your post again.

It doesnt say that it is good news for me or my son but "a parent", then go on to say about poor children who "go to matches and support their team" which indicates that my son doesnt support the team.

The difference is my son isnt a season ticket holder so it is, as I stated earlier very difficult to obtain tickets. If my son was a season ticket holder I would have to be too in order to be able to take him. As a single parent of 3 kids I can't afford this. So, should my son miss out because of my financial situation?

I am sorry for the kids who have been waiting to do this but, it is probably not the same team that we are going to watch. As I only e-mailed them yesterday to ask I dont think that there must be much of a waiting list??? Also, I dont decide who they choose etc. so I will continue to be happy for my son because if anybody needs something to look forward to it's him.

Thanks for wishing us a good day

Tracey
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tracey
as i have said have a great day honey

Billy
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tracey
as i have said have a great day honey

Billy

Thank-you

Tracey