Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Excitement nerves and constant butterflies!

Excitement nerves and constant butterflies!

Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice
Default Excitement nerves and constant butterflies!

Hi all

Since making the decision in December to go for it, for the last 8 weeks I have had butterflies every day, I sway from huge excitement to terrible nerves, and I am dreaming of monster case workers and beautiful beaches!
Already the application process seems to have taken over my life on a daily basis and I now seem to be addicted to BE!

And we are only just at the stage of being able to send off our TRA app!! Arrgggh!

How on earth does everyone cope with all these emotions?!
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Excitement nerves and constant butterflies!

Originally Posted by MANDS14
Hi all

Since making the decision in December to go for it, for the last 8 weeks I have had butterflies every day, I sway from huge excitement to terrible nerves, and I am dreaming of monster case workers and beautiful beaches!
Already the application process seems to have taken over my life on a daily basis and I now seem to be addicted to BE!

And we are only just at the stage of being able to send off our TRA app!! Arrgggh!

Only one thing for it and that's lots of
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:39 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

You'll be OK just go with the flow and time will fly by. Before you know it you will be here. I was never nervous while applying, the nerves set in once i got here.
Where are you heading to?
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

Originally Posted by paulrachel
You'll be OK just go with the flow and time will fly by. Before you know it you will be here. I was never nervous while applying, the nerves set in once i got here.
Where are you heading to?
Hi

Hoping to go to Adelaide. Making the move without ever having been to Aus- with 3 little ones under 5 and an ageing dog (don't mean you OH!! )
Really looking forward to that flight!!

Am I mad?! Where did you settle and has it been ok?
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hoping to go to Adelaide. Making the move without ever having been to Aus- with 3 little ones under 5 and an ageing dog (don't mean you OH!! )
Really looking forward to that flight!!

Am I mad?! Where did you settle and has it been ok?

I'm in Adelaide, I'd never been to Oz either. I was told I was mad for not visiting first and of course they are right but I love it here, it's just fantastic!

The flight should be OK, the dog won't be on the same one and you as the kids.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'm in Adelaide, I'd never been to Oz either. I was told I was mad for not visiting first and of course they are right but I love it here, it's just fantastic!

The flight should be OK, the dog won't be on the same one and you as the kids.
Hi Wendy

It's great to hear you did the same and you love it. Hopefully we will too- just got to wait about 12 months ( hubby is on MODL so really keeping our fingers crossed)
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:11 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Wendy

It's great to hear you did the same and you love it. Hopefully we will too- just got to wait about 12 months ( hubby is on MODL so really keeping our fingers crossed)
Ah well if you go to Adelaide Wendy will look after you
It will be a great experience if anything. We came to Perth, because we have family here, but were originally heading for Brisbane. It's a long holiday for us i think, but still glad we tried it.
Hope all goes well and don't stress!!
Old Feb 21st 2007, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

Hi there, we made the decision in November 2005 and I still feel the same now As Wendy says the only thing for it is well that is my excuse anyway
Old Feb 21st 2007, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

mick* is just really nicemick* is just really nicemick* is just really nicemick* is just really nicemick* is just really nicemick* is just really nicemick* is just really nicemick* is just really nice

Hi all

Hi Mands14

Our TRA was sent to the agent 2 days ago so we should be on a similar timeline, hubbys job is also on the MODL, fingers crossed it's still on it by the time the visa is acknolwedged as being received. We are looking towards Melbourne but will validate the visa and have a good look around at that time, so nothing is set in stone. Good luck, I'll keep a look out for your posts to see how you're getting on.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi yeah regardless where about you are on the visa process emotions are all over the place. We are still waiting on the blessed thing, but hopefully coming close and I have started wakening around 2am and thinking, in total panic, oh my god what am I doing. It does pass (thankfully) Hang in there.

Donna
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to everyone who replied. I'm getting to recognise some names now so likewise as Mick* says it will be nice to see how you are all getting on.

Cheers everyone
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:25 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

me too!
my guts go everytime I read someones time line . I know I shouldt read into it too much, but it is extremley difficult not to. all we can do is keep posting and support eachother.
bec and egg