Reload this Page >

Exchanging UK license in WA

Exchanging UK license in WA

Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:46 am
AJG
Just Joined

AJG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exchanging UK license in WA

Okay i know the rules as i have looked on the website. I dont think i can comply with the proof of residency requirements as i dont have a home. a pain as i only have 2 months left before things get tricky. I may be able to swing it having my bank statement sent to my backpackers with the name missing.
My main question is i have seen that you have to undertake an eyesight test for a WA license. Do you have to book this up in advance and does it take long? I work all week basically 6am-5pm and i dont want to take time off work for no reason. Any help appreciated.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all
Default Re: Exchanging UK license in WA

Originally Posted by AJG
Okay i know the rules as i have looked on the website. I dont think i can comply with the proof of residency requirements as i dont have a home. a pain as i only have 2 months left before things get tricky. I may be able to swing it having my bank statement sent to my backpackers with the name missing.
My main question is i have seen that you have to undertake an eyesight test for a WA license. Do you have to book this up in advance and does it take long? I work all week basically 6am-5pm and i dont want to take time off work for no reason. Any help appreciated.
It's done on the day (at least it was for my licence) but ALL licensing centres in the Perth area are vastly understaffed and hugely overstretched, so you're looking at a wait of several hours at least!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 5:26 am
AJG
Just Joined

AJG is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds just like the UK, i will book a day off work to be safe then.... Thanks for that....
Old Jan 27th 2008, 5:28 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcpiano
It's done on the day (at least it was for my licence) but ALL licensing centres in the Perth area are vastly understaffed and hugely overstretched, so you're looking at a wait of several hours at least!
Several hours . Newly arrived friends of mine were in and out at Joondalup within 20 minutes.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Yep we got ours changed in under 30 mins, eye tested on sight after filling out forms.

Sarah
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:24 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Several hours . Newly arrived friends of mine were in and out at Joondalup within 20 minutes.
Yes, same here. Also done at the Joondalup licensing centre in 20 minutes (incl photo taken and eye test).

Gina
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Yes, same here. Also done at the Joondalup licensing centre in 20 minutes (incl photo taken and eye test).

Gina
Yep about the same
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:40 am
Just Joined

gatecrasher is an unknown quantity at this point

I did mine at the main centre in West Perth and it took all of 30 mins at around 1pm... maybe I was just lucky though?
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all

Maybe it's just Morley then, where it took me hours to get the eyesight test done? I was about three hours in Joondalup about 8 months ago...
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby did his licence at the Perth one near Skytech. It took ages and we had to go and have lunch in skytech while he waited and waited. It took a couple of hours! This was back in July.

Gems
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AJG
Went to the Mandurah centre when doors opened. Took 20/30 mins. That was long enough with two bored little ones!!!