Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

exchanging money from uk to oz account when best?

exchanging money from uk to oz account when best?

Old Mar 29th 2004, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default exchanging money from uk to oz account when best?

Can anyone give some advise i am over in oz on a working holiday and im sure when i check online the exchange rate for the dollar against the pound goes up and down a good bit.

I came over with a flex account with nationwide that does not charge fees when at atm machines and can be used around the world, but since coming over i have opened a australian bank account.

I was wondering would i just be better keeping the two accounts the way they are or transfer some money from my uk account to the au one as im sure on some days there is a big difference on the exchange rate between both curencys.

As it would be cool to get even more for your money,me taking money from my uk account over here is only what is worth on that day i take it out so not sure if a good thing or not but if i transfered some of it over to my au account when the rate was good then i know i have gained a little or i am just talking rubbish.

Its just some days when i check my statement it says an amount then other days it says more, so this must be the rates and the changes that take affect each day etc.

Is there any good websites that i can check on the value of the £ with tha au $ i know of xe.com but is there others and also would it just go by what the bank offers where my money is.

Im not sure what to do leave the money where it is or trasfer some over when the exchange rate is good any ideas?
Old Mar 29th 2004, 2:12 am
ABCDiamond

This one gives interbank rates, http://www.hifx.co.uk/members/quotes.asp

www.oanda.com gves choice of rates interbank, credit card etc.