Reload this Page >

Exchanging Money

Exchanging Money

Old Sep 17th 2005, 4:27 am
Gold Coast

rachandjon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exchanging Money

Hi,

Can any one offer any advice on exchanging largish sums of money over from the UK? We still have savings over in Uk bank accounts and were going to just transfer them through to our oz accounts, but did not know if there was any better way of doing it

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 17th 2005, 5:18 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Exchanging Money

www.hifx.co.uk

www.hifx.com.au

All you need to know really.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 5:35 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

There are 3 main options

HIFX as already mentioned , if you're in aus you register here in Aus. if you're in UK you register in UK. They do provide reasonable rates for bulk transfers.

If you are transferring smaller amounts or more regular or for another place then www.tranzfers.com are also very good - I use them a lot. Their process is all online so its like using online banking, whereas HIFX is all telephone based . With Hifx you phone a broker and buy a trade there and then, then you post a cheque or do a wire transfer to hifx account and they settle with you wihtin a few days.

Tranzfers you log on - setup the trade you want , like buy 1000GBP in AUD , select auto-convert which means it will convert to aussie as soon as the trade is setup OR ' I wil lconvert' which means you can leave the money there until you need it or watch the market then logon and hit'convert' and they execute the trade.

If you want to register with tranzfers do me a favour and use my referral id to get me brownie points ;-) http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=ijcollins

Tranzfers are VERY fast at doing the transactions and clearing hte money into your accounts.

when you setup these trades be aware of how you are goin to get the money into their accounts - HIFX are at a bank in Reading, Tranzfers bank with barclays. If you plan to use UK online banking to transfer the money make sure you are within the transaction limits of the online banking facility or you'll come a cropper.

The other option is NatWest account - they are free to use their Visa cards over here, their rates are outstanding ( very close to inter-bank rates ) and they make no surcharges. They are very popular for people with money in UK that want to spend it here. I think you need an account opened before you leave UK but they're pretty good option.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
www.hifx.co.uk

www.hifx.com.au

All you need to know really.
Yes we put our pennies with hifx, they where brill, couple of months before we left they told us to exchange, 2.55 we got, if we had left it until we came out we would have got 2.23, big difference.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Suggest www.moneycorp.com - we got rates from HIFX and Tranzfers, told Moneycorp what they were (give or take) and they bettered it. You have to negotiate hard.

Do a search and you'll find a post I answered about putting money in the marketplace at a rate you want, then hope for the best.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 4:22 am
Gold Coast

rachandjon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Guys much appreciated
Old Sep 18th 2005, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spalen
There are 3 main options

HIFX as already mentioned , if you're in aus you register here in Aus. if you're in UK you register in UK. They do provide reasonable rates for bulk transfers.

If you are transferring smaller amounts or more regular or for another place then www.tranzfers.com are also very good - I use them a lot. Their process is all online so its like using online banking, whereas HIFX is all telephone based . With Hifx you phone a broker and buy a trade there and then, then you post a cheque or do a wire transfer to hifx account and they settle with you wihtin a few days.

Tranzfers you log on - setup the trade you want , like buy 1000GBP in AUD , select auto-convert which means it will convert to aussie as soon as the trade is setup OR ' I wil lconvert' which means you can leave the money there until you need it or watch the market then logon and hit'convert' and they execute the trade.

If you want to register with tranzfers do me a favour and use my referral id to get me brownie points ;-) http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=ijcollins

Tranzfers are VERY fast at doing the transactions and clearing hte money into your accounts.

when you setup these trades be aware of how you are goin to get the money into their accounts - HIFX are at a bank in Reading, Tranzfers bank with barclays. If you plan to use UK online banking to transfer the money make sure you are within the transaction limits of the online banking facility or you'll come a cropper.

The other option is NatWest account - they are free to use their Visa cards over here, their rates are outstanding ( very close to inter-bank rates ) and they make no surcharges. They are very popular for people with money in UK that want to spend it here. I think you need an account opened before you leave UK but they're pretty good option.
We got a credit card with Natwest, we have banked with them for years good credit rating only got limit of £500!!! and they wouldn't increase it naff!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 7:44 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rangersman
We got a credit card with Natwest, we have banked with them for years good credit rating only got limit of £500!!! and they wouldn't increase it naff!
Oh well... but at least that 500 quid will be at the best rate with no transfer fees.