EXCHANGE RATES

Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

paddyjohns will become famous soon enoughpaddyjohns will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down EXCHANGE RATES

Hi to everyone. I was just wondering if anyone out there has any advice on the problems we are seeing at the moment with the exchange rate. The £ has fallen so badly against the aussie $, it's causing myself and a lot of others a great deal of concern. Has anyone got any advice on the way things are expected to go over the next few months.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:51 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EXCHANGE RATES

Originally Posted by paddyjohns
Hi to everyone. I was just wondering if anyone out there has any advice on the problems we are seeing at the moment with the exchange rate. The £ has fallen so badly against the aussie $, it's causing myself and a lot of others a great deal of concern. Has anyone got any advice on the way things are expected to go over the next few months.
Is it good or bad? I got 2.33 2 years ago but have spoken to people who got 2.99 a few years ago and others who got 2.00. Maybe it will head towards 1.50 and stay there.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Cant give much in the way of advice but with no house sales and prices falling and now the exchange rate working against those on the move I`m sure they are feeling as f***** and P***** off as me. Looks like I`ll never get there.

Mick
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

looking at xchange rate over last 12 months around 2.4 seems to be more of average, can you take a min. with you and hang on xchanging until it picks up? Is that poss. to do, not sure on tax implications of all this tho' so may be better to get xpert advice?
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

i dont wat to gloat!! but we came to adelaide 8 weeks ago when the mini boom was on we exchanged at 2.53 we have bought a car,bond/months rental ,food out ect ect and just worked out to what the exchange rate is now .we have only spent £900
Old Nov 7th 2007, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

paddyjohns will become famous soon enoughpaddyjohns will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: EXCHANGE RATES

Hey Chippie,
Good on You mate, Your not gloating you simply got in at the right time, well done.

Maybe we will just rent for a bit longer than originally planned (dead money I know) and if the rate reaches something like we are looking for $2.45 we can then strike and all will be fine. can't have it all ways I guess.

PaddyJ