Exchange Rates.

Old Jan 11th 2003, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Exchange Rates.

Does anyone know why the rate has become less favourable over the last 5 days, as it was $2.84 a pound now it's $2.75, (5 days later) what is going on, will it go up again, at a guess ...

Comments please,

Thanks.
Old Jan 12th 2003, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Matt & Jo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Wish I knew too.. It could have something to do with Iraq, and us along with the USA sending troops out to bomb them!!

This in theory could be weakening the £.

We have our money, waiting to change it into $ but not sure what to do, will it go up? or will it go down? Over new year it was a great rate but as soon as we got our money it all went pear shaped, so we are going to hold it in sterlng until it starts going up, hopefully to $3 to the £ (in my dreams)

Love Jo xxx
Old Jan 12th 2003, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

guyguy2003 is on a distinguished road
Talking

You know... when you'll be in Australia you will want the $ to get stronger.. and this is how it is with those things - sometimes its up sometimes its down sometimes in your favour sometimes its not. very little people can predict what will happen tommorow so just buy the $A when you need them.
Old Jan 12th 2003, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

hollywood110 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Matt & Jo
Hi,

Wish I knew too.. It could have something to do with Iraq, and us along with the USA sending troops out to bomb them!!

This in theory could be weakening the £.

We have our money, waiting to change it into $ but not sure what to do, will it go up? or will it go down? Over new year it was a great rate but as soon as we got our money it all went pear shaped, so we are going to hold it in sterlng until it starts going up, hopefully to $3 to the £ (in my dreams)

Love Jo xxx
Hi Jo

If we had the money from our house now, I think we would change it up as the last time the rate dropped this much it went down to $2.50 and We came to a decision that anything above $2.70 was alot for our money.

Its so hard but We have done calculations and the change in the rate over the last week has cost us the price of a car!!

Hope the rate goes up soon for You if you are waiting,if not change it and never look at the exchange rate again!!!

Wish I was psychic

Love Sharon x
Old Jan 12th 2003, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

Have a look at

http://www.exchangerate.com/cgi-imag...238&country=15

As you can see the 2.75 level has been support for the last 6 months.

If I had to give the pattern that has developed over the last 6 months a name then I would call it a a decending triangle. Try doing a search for decending triangle and chart on google.

Mike.

Last edited by Wendy&Mike; Mar 11th 2003 at 6:46 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2003, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

P.S. It could also be thought of as a bullish wedge. Again - try a search.

I hope it's the later.
Old Jan 13th 2003, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

Originally posted by hollywood110
Hi Jo

If we had the money from our house now, I think we would change it up as the last time the rate dropped this much it went down to $2.50 and We came to a decision that anything above $2.70 was alot for our money.

Its so hard but We have done calculations and the change in the rate over the last week has cost us the price of a car!!

Hope the rate goes up soon for You if you are waiting,if not change it and never look at the exchange rate again!!!

Wish I was psychic

Love Sharon x
The exchange rate has fluctuated in the last few years from a low of 1.9 to around 3 $ to the £ - see sites such as moneycorp.co.uk and click on "Instruments" GBP/AUD, or try oanda.com and go to "FX History" - also Forex.com has some useful info.

I`m afraid I`ve become a bit obsessed with the exchange rate, and am now kicking myself for panicking when it dropped last year, as we could have probably bought another 3 cars if we`d waited a few months!!!
Old Jan 14th 2003, 1:24 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of
Default Re: Exchange Rates.

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
Does anyone know why the rate has become less favourable over the last 5 days, as it was $2.84 a pound now it's $2.75, (5 days later) what is going on, will it go up again, at a guess ...

Comments please,

Thanks.
The exchange rate is driven by commodity prices here, since they constitute the main exports, and recently good gold prices have had an impact. The flight to gold has been driven by market fear of equities due to recent performance and the threat of war.
I can tell you that more commentators here are predicting the dollar to strengthen further as coal, gold and copper prices, which have been subdued in the last 18 months, are expected to recover. That does'nt mean they are right of course, but thats the way the market is leaning - towards the Aussie dollar strengthening.
Old Jan 14th 2003, 12:34 pm
shellypuss

Default Exchange Rate

I admit I dont have a clue about money issues but when we contacted the money exchange people over Christmas they told us that the exchange rate would probably go down as oil becomes more expensive per barrell.

Don't know if this is true though.

I equate money to how much chocolate it will buy me

Shelly

Old Jan 14th 2003, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Exchange Rate

Originally posted by shellypuss
I admit I dont have a clue about money issues but when we contacted the money exchange people over Christmas they told us that the exchange rate would probably go down as oil becomes more expensive per barrell.

Shelly
When you say EXCHANGE RATE down are talking in relation to a G.P. pound getting less oz dollars,

not sure of your location,

cheers,
Old Jan 14th 2003, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Exchange Rate

Originally posted by shellypuss

Shelly

Hi Shelly Puss

Just seen your profile now I know what you're talking about, oop's,

Cheers,
Old Jan 22nd 2003, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Panic !!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

We are off in March, what is happening to the $ going down, but how low will it go?
When do we change our £ ?

Help !!!!!!!!
Sue
Old Jan 22nd 2003, 12:42 pm
plucka

Default Re: Panic !!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by sue5665
Hi,

We are off in March, what is happening to the $ going down, but how low will it go?
When do we change our £ ?

Help !!!!!!!!
Sue
The $ has actually been going up not down. (Aus$ has strenghtened against the £) If you were smart you would have transfered your money gradually over the last year or so to reduce the risk and get an "average" rate rather than wait to the last minute and transfer the lot at once. As to "how low will it go" its impossible to know. It could easily go below 2.5 but then it could be back to 2.9 next week.

Old Jan 22nd 2003, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Shikse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wendy&Mike
Have a look at

http://www.exchangerate.com/cgi-imag...238&country=15

As you can see the 2.75 level has been support for the last 6 months.
Oh oh, by looking at that chart, it's now broken the 2.75 support level - hopefully it'll bounce back up though!

shikse
Old Jan 22nd 2003, 4:30 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by guyguy2003
very little people can predict what will happen tommorow.
Hey!- you dwarves, Lilliputians, Borrowers and pygmies: please tell us what's going to happen tomorrow!

Don

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.