Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchange Rate Watch

Exchange Rate Watch

Old Oct 24th 2005, 6:57 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Exchange Rate Watch

Anyone know a web page or 2 that will enable you to track the exchange rate?

I thought it may come in useful when we eventually sell our UK house on seeing what has happend in the past. If I start making some form of chart now it may help in future.

I sound a bit geeky don't I

Louise
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Exchange Rate Watch

Originally Posted by ljj

I thought it may come in useful when we eventually sell our UK house on seeing what has happend in the past. If I start making some form of chart now it may help in future.

Louise
No worries

Check out HIFX;

http://www.hifx.co.uk/members/charts.asp

SS
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
No worries

Check out HIFX;

http://www.hifx.co.uk/members/charts.asp

SS

Or OzForex...

http://www.ozforex.com/cgi-bin/chartsFast.asp

SS
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljj

Louise
Try looking at THIS Louise. You can change the scale to look at the past 12,3 or 1 month as well as intra day.

OANDA is another useful one. You can download history into Excel and play with things.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:30 am
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ljj

Louise
Louise that is not geeky babe!

I think most on here are very familiar with the exchange rate. It can mean the difference in thousands of dollars for some of us. Huzza found a site that gave you the history of the Australian exch rate i will try and remember to ask him about it.

Vics xx
Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:29 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vic&jase

I think most on here are very familiar with the exchange rate. It can mean the difference in thousands of dollars for some of us. Huzza found a site that gave you the history of the Australian exch rate i will try and remember to ask him about it.

Vics xx
That would be great thanks.
I've looked at a few of the others that have been mentioned. very useful.

Louise
Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:38 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

You could try www.xe.com those keys were actually worn out on my keyboard before I left
Old Oct 25th 2005, 5:57 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vic&jase

Vics xx
Hi

Suffice to say that the Sterling to Dollar rate goes up and down more times than a whore's drawers and, as Vic says, can mean the difference of many dollars to you over the space of just a few days.

You will find no harm in getting registered with an account (or two) with any one of the foreign exchange dealer companies discussed on this forum and the Immigration one. You will then at least be best placed to make a move should the rate prove right for you.

Regards

Jim