Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchange rate up to 2.37 (Inter-bank)

Exchange rate up to 2.37 (Inter-bank)

Old Jul 27th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Exchange rate up to 2.37 (Inter-bank)

Best its been for a few weeks who's trading now?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 8:39 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Exchange rate up to 2.37 (Inter-bank)

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
We are due to complete on our house sale in the UK in a couple of weeks so hoping the rate will keep rising.

I looked at it yesterday and it was 2.30 in the morning but 2.36 in the evening.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Simba
We are due to complete on our house sale in the UK in a couple of weeks so hoping the rate will keep rising.

I looked at it yesterday and it was 2.30 in the morning but 2.36 in the evening.
It's moved a lot in the last day. When we arrived in march it was 2.42 and I had heard that it had been 2.5 so wasn't in any rush to change everything. Then it slumped a bit.

Just been on the phone to Ozforex after seeing the headline about the markets dropping globally on the bbc website. The guy said he doesn't see it going down to 2.32 today but might be worth waiting until the New York market opens up.

Any views?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

i dnt want to sound thick but whats (inter bank) i have been looking at the exchange rate every day and a few hrs ago it was 231.99. we fligh out in 4 weeks and i want the best deal possible...cheers
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chippie74
i dnt want to sound thick but whats (inter bank) i have been looking at the exchange rate every day and a few hrs ago it was 231.99. we fligh out in 4 weeks and i want the best deal possible...cheers
The exchange companies use the interbank rate to calculate the exchange rate for the customer. For example we use ozforex to exchange our money. If the interbank rate is 2.37 ozforex will give us 2.36 (maybe a fraction more). The more you have to exchange the less they take in general. If you were to go to a bank you would get a lot less for your money so when changing up large amounts most people use the likes of hifx or ozforex. I am sure someone can put this into professional speak but until such time thats my idiots guide.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

The exchange companies use the interbank rate to calculate the exchange rate for the customer. For example we use ozforex to exchange our money. If the interbank rate is 2.37 ozforex will give us 2.36 (maybe a fraction more). The more you have to exchange the less they take in general. If you were to go to a bank you would get a lot less for your money so when changing up large amounts most people use the likes of hifx or ozforex. I am sure someone can put this into professional speak but until such time thats my idiots guide.
cheers!!!!! i have done all the form filling for oxferex..just the interbank thing!!! just thought it was another company..dohhhh!!