Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchange rate is going up

Wikiposts

Exchange rate is going up

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:30 am
joveazey

Default Exchange rate is going up

It looks like it's going back up. It's 2.44on Bloomberg at the moment. Is anyone waiting to exchange ? What's the plan ????

Jo

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:36 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Exchange rate is going up

Originally Posted by joveazey
It looks like it's going back up. It's 2.44on Bloomberg at the moment. Is anyone waiting to exchange ? What's the plan ????

Jo
Good timing - I'm thinking of transfering cash in the next 2 - 3 weeks!

Yippee, keep it coming!! Wouldn't it be great if it rose back to the heady heights of $2.7?

Rob
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:38 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by samnrob2

Yippee, keep it coming!! Wouldn't it be great if it rose back to the heady heights of $2.7?

Rob

£2.66 would be nice

Mark
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:42 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Rob
When we were over there in May/June 2000 it was $3.50 to the pound!!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:43 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by markeh
£2.66 would be nice

Mark
2.66... 2.7... I'm not picky! Anything above what it is now would be spot on!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:44 am
joveazey

Don't even mention 2.7 I might wet my pants !! :scared:

I was daring to hope for 2.5 or even 2.55 ???

JO

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:47 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Originally Posted by joveazey
Don't even mention 2.7 I might wet my pants !! :scared:

I was daring to hope for 2.5 or even 2.55 ???

JO
I'm past the pants-wetting stage, I'm almost touching cloth!

I'm easily pleased! Christ if it gets to 3.5??????? lol It'll be like a lottery win.

I'll be upgrading the 21" TV to supersonic 60" plasma with a built in lager dispenser!!!

Rob
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:57 am

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm past the pants-wetting stage, I'm almost touching cloth!

I'm easily pleased! Christ if it gets to 3.5??????? lol It'll be like a lottery win.

I'll be upgrading the 21" TV to supersonic 60" plasma with a built in lager dispenser!!!

Rob

Check out the following:

http://fx.sauder.ubc.ca/plot.html

It's a handy little device for plotting historical exchange rates - you can work out the long term average and you can see the kind of time scale you should work on if you want to see real changes in the fx.

Try to extend the time horizon so that you can look at the long term trend (over 5 years would probably be a good start). Make sure you change the 'Choose Time Horizon' to reflect the exact time span rather than 91 days.

Happy plotting! (and if anyone can extrapolate the curves accurately let me know and I'll give you a share of my investment!)
http://fx.sauder.ubc.ca/plot.html
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 4:11 am
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by markeh
£2.66 would be nice

Mark
don't you mean $2.66? £2.66 would be terrible. :-)
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 4:36 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gajjitt
don't you mean $2.66? £2.66 would be terrible. :-)

I thinkit's all a waiting game

Bye
Mark