Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

exchange rate emails

exchange rate emails

Old May 15th 2006, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default exchange rate emails

Does anyone know of a company that will email daily exchange rate info...

cheers
Old May 15th 2006, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: exchange rate emails

Originally Posted by CathnPaul

cheers
Hi

Ozforex do. I have dealt with HIFX so far, but they haven't put me on a mailing list for rates.

Cheers
R
Old May 15th 2006, 5:53 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Hi how is Rochdale today i was up the road from you in Shaw...

try this www.ozforex.com.au

LJJ
Old May 15th 2006, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljj
Hi how is Rochdale today i was up the road from you in Shaw...

try this www.ozforex.com.au

LJJ
my son goes to school in shaw..so probably closer than you think.lol.... i have registered with ozforex for weekly and daily emails.. i received some info from hifx which included some graphs for trends...need to keep an eye on the market now i think.

R- how did you find hifx??? we got the pack through from them but i dont actually understand what the company does.
Old May 15th 2006, 9:27 pm
Live it not dream it!!

happy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of light

cheers

Moneycorp do and I also get daily news from google which covers the top stories about the Australian dollar movement.

Dave
Old May 15th 2006, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

demigrate is an unknown quantity at this point

my son goes to school in shaw..so probably closer than you think.lol.... i have registered with ozforex for weekly and daily emails.. i received some info from hifx which included some graphs for trends...need to keep an eye on the market now i think.

R- how did you find hifx??? we got the pack through from them but i dont actually understand what the company does.
We registered with Hifx, Travelex and Ozforex. For your interest Ozforex gave us the best rate. When I told the other two the rate we could get they said they would be unable to match it. We put down the deposit today for a year long contract at 2.4865. Just got to sell the house now to pay for it!!!!

Darren
Old May 16th 2006, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by demigrate
We registered with Hifx, Travelex and Ozforex. For your interest Ozforex gave us the best rate. When I told the other two the rate we could get they said they would be unable to match it. We put down the deposit today for a year long contract at 2.4865. Just got to sell the house now to pay for it!!!!

Darren
Hi Darren how does that figure balance inline with the past 6 months?? do they have some sort of flow?? it sounds a good rate to me... but has it been over 2.5 yet?? havent checked business rates yet and wasnt aware of them until yesterday so were looking at general rates.

If we register with the above listed companies is it business rates they email out??

cheers folks...
Old May 16th 2006, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Darren how does that figure balance inline with the past 6 months?? do they have some sort of flow?? it sounds a good rate to me... but has it been over 2.5 yet?? havent checked business rates yet and wasnt aware of them until yesterday so were looking at general rates.

If we register with the above listed companies is it business rates they email out??

cheers folks...
Hi There
The rate hit 2.47 yesterday. If you go to www.hifx.co.uk you can subscribe to a daily email giving you rates etc. I have found HIFX ok so far and will probably go with them. Its a god idea to set up an account just in case. There is no obligation and no cost so you have nothing to lose
Good luck x
Old May 16th 2006, 9:16 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

No need for daily emails, they are out of date the second they are sent anyway. The 'live' price is here:
http://hifx.co.uk/members/custom_quotes.asp Just keep an eye on that and you wont go far wrong.
Old May 16th 2006, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
No need for daily emails, they are out of date the second they are sent anyway. The 'live' price is here:
http://hifx.co.uk/members/custom_quotes.asp Just keep an eye on that and you wont go far wrong.
cheers CF.. see what you mean.
Old May 16th 2006, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

demigrate is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers folks...
Have a look at www.ozforex.com.au and look at the charts and you'll see that the top rate over the last 6 months is around 2.48 for spot rate purchases (contract rates are higher due to the higher interest in Oz than the UK). The rate I got was near to the top for this year (at it's peak I would have got around 2.495/2.5 on a year contract. Obviously the rate also depends on the amount to transfer. The rate since I bought has dipped down to the 2.46 level at the moment.

Darren