Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchange rate continues to Rise ...

Exchange rate continues to Rise ...

Old Dec 8th 2004, 1:34 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough
Default Exchange rate continues to Rise ...

Do we think this is going to continue up past 2.51 which i got today ?

S
Old Dec 8th 2004, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future
Default Re: Exchange rate continues to Rise ...

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68

S
I got just short of 2.54 earlier, and still the rate is rising 2.55+ at the moment

For interest i used the www.elynchfx.com company which was mentioned on here several times. It was easy to setup the account, and assuming that my money doesn't go astray, etc then i can so far recommend them. The rate I got was about 0.5 of a cent lower than the interbank rate - cant argue with that.

I transferred about 20% of my money today, so hopefully the rate will keep on going!!
Old Dec 8th 2004, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68

S
Hi i was quoted 2.53 for 100k with currencies direct today. who did you change with and why? This links in with my currency traders thread.
irene
Old Dec 8th 2004, 1:52 pm
I AM 1 PERSON-UNDERSTAND?

SherKhan66 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by parkhigh
Hi i was quoted 2.53 for 100k with currencies direct today. who did you change with and why? This links in with my currency traders thread.
irene
I would advise you NOT to change all of your money over in one lot. Try changing over enough for basic expenses because it should hit 2.60 and for that kind of cash!..... - it does make a heck of a difference!

I always advise 20-25% if you're happy(enough) and follow suit. In this way, then you cannot lose as you'll always be egging the rate on rather than becoming despondent.
Just a theory and it's working for me so far!
Old Dec 8th 2004, 1:52 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by parkhigh
irene
im using tranzfers although i have got some issues with them today
im trying to exchange the money but they say i need to reply to an automated email they have sent me but as yet (8 hours since the start) i have not recieved the email
so im a little concerned the money might go amiss, but before they have been great ..

S
Old Dec 8th 2004, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by darkless
I got just short of 2.54 earlier, and still the rate is rising 2.55+ at the moment

For interest i used the www.elynchfx.com company which was mentioned on here several times. It was easy to setup the account, and assuming that my money doesn't go astray, etc then i can so far recommend them. The rate I got was about 0.5 of a cent lower than the interbank rate - cant argue with that.

I transferred about 20% of my money today, so hopefully the rate will keep on going!!
There seems to be a bit of "its too good to be true" about www.elynchfx.com - It seems kosher to me but i haven't used them or anyone yet. Hope everthing goes OK

Jim
Old Dec 8th 2004, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jimbo9
There seems to be a bit of "its too good to be true" about www.elynchfx.com - It seems kosher to me but i haven't used them or anyone yet. Hope everthing goes OK

Jim
I guess I will find out shortly enough

I have not managed to get quotations as close to the interbank rate as were mentioned on here last week 0.0003 off the interbank etc - the rates i get quoted appear to be around 0.0050 --> 0.0080 below the interbank rate.

The majority of my money which I am taking to OZ went out earlier in the year to be used as a deposit on my house, therefore my 20% is a fraction of the figures which are mentioned by other people on here. That said I certainly don't want it to go astray!

I will let you know how I get on...
Old Dec 8th 2004, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

I have not managed to get quotations as close to the interbank rate as were mentioned on here last week 0.0003 off the interbank etc - the rates i get quoted appear to be around 0.0050 --> 0.0080 below the interbank rate.

The majority of my money which I am taking to OZ went out earlier in the year to be used as a deposit on my house, therefore my 20% is a fraction of the figures which are mentioned by other people on here. That said I certainly don't want it to go astray!

I'm sure it will be fine - we would know about them if they were disreputable !
Rgds Jim
Old Dec 8th 2004, 3:26 pm
so... impatient

Location: Portpatrick, Scotland to Far North Coast NSW summer 2005
Bunny007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SherKhan66
I would advise you NOT to change all of your money over in one lot. Try changing over enough for basic expenses because it should hit 2.60 and for that kind of cash!..... - it does make a heck of a difference!

I always advise 20-25% if you're happy(enough) and follow suit. In this way, then you cannot lose as you'll always be egging the rate on rather than becoming despondent.
Just a theory and it's working for me so far!
Hi SherKhan66,

Can you look into your crystal ball and tell me what exchange rate I will get when we sell up on 8th feb 2005?

Yours hopefully

Bunny
Old Dec 8th 2004, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bunny007
Hi SherKhan66,

Can you look into your crystal ball and tell me what exchange rate I will get when we sell up on 8th feb 2005?

Yours hopefully

Bunny
If you don't fancy taking the risk you can take a forward rate to your date today and lock in that rate. (I think the FX firms will want 10% deposit) You should also get a slightly better rate - say 2.553 vs 2.55 aswell
Old Dec 8th 2004, 7:05 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

......... I shall also be interested in your dealings with ELynch.

Regards

Jim
Old Dec 8th 2004, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Folks
Further to my thread earlier about currency traders, I spent alot of the day ringing around getting quotes. hifx originally quoted me 2.51 for 100k and i ended up with 2.5432 for a 2 month forward contract with the possibility of a rollover if house sell goes bellyup so i think i got a good deal. I kept going back to hifx stating what the others were quoting including elynchfx.com and they beat them too. Alot of thanks to a particular trader i hasten to add. he was very pleasant and when I need to change some more i will definately go back to them. If anyone wants to know particulars please pm me and I will let you know name and extn nbr. i did say i would post a positive post about hifx as they have had a few poor ones lately.

Anyway we are both pleased because I think its a good rate and in comparison to recent times it will make a big difference.
Irene
Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:18 pm
so... impatient

Location: Portpatrick, Scotland to Far North Coast NSW summer 2005
Bunny007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jimbo,

Thanks for the info.

Do you know of any firms who don't require a deposit?

Rgds Bunny
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bunny007
Hi Jimbo,

Thanks for the info.

Do you know of any firms who don't require a deposit?

Rgds Bunny
I spoke to Ozforex yesterday, anyone used them?
They offered 0.002 above interbank for over £100k and 5% deposit on a forward contract (1 month).
Not quite no deposit but much less than 10% asked by HiFX.

Cheers
Old Dec 9th 2004, 9:11 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

good rate as its back to 2.535 today. talk about wobbles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.