Reload this Page >

Exchange rate between sterling and the aussie dollar

Wikiposts

Exchange rate between sterling and the aussie dollar

Old Jul 2nd 2003, 2:05 am
Just Joined

gedmatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exchange rate between sterling and the aussie dollar

I've just read that thread about having 6 months to transfer funds. I should be moving over to Oz in September after the sale of my house, and was wondering if anyone could give any hints or advice as to how the exchange rate might go in the six months after that (a long shot I know).

I'm currently watching the dollar get stronger by the day against the pound, thinking to myself that I'm losing money here. Is it predicted to get even stronger, or head the other way in the next few months?

DOES ANYONE HAVE EVEN THE VAGUEST INKLING ON THIS ONE????!!!!

Or is there a decent website out there that could help me predict the exchange rate or something....

I'll leave it there!

Ta,

Ged
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

grubelice is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll ask me old mucka George Souros what he thinks on this. I am in a similar position and have given up using my crystal ball.

Cheers
Elaine
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 4:19 am
Just Joined

chris-t is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm in the same exchange problem as you guys, money in pounds. will soon need to spend in dollars.

for exchanges a good website is www.oanda.com - you can get the exchange history over the last few years.

i'm not sure the pound will ever go back to how it was 6 months / 12 months ago, or not for a long while at least. I think the pound was overvalued.

but fingers crossed.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

gedmatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by chris-t
i'm in the same exchange problem as you guys, money in pounds. will soon need to spend in dollars.

for exchanges a good website is www.oanda.com - you can get the exchange history over the last few years.

i'm not sure the pound will ever go back to how it was 6 months / 12 months ago, or not for a long while at least. I think the pound was overvalued.

but fingers crossed.
Just checked out that site. VERY useful thanks. The pound's been plumetting since January. SURELY (!) it's going to improve soon? Hmmm.... We shall see....

Cheers,

Ged