Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchange rate AUD Vs GBP £1 buys $1.83

Exchange rate AUD Vs GBP £1 buys $1.83

Old Feb 19th 2015, 9:37 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default OZ dollar to the pound

its finally tipping that point again 2:1, will it, wont it or forever be over that point & stay there?

Good, bad or indifferent?

Currency Converter | Foreign Exchange Rates | OANDA
Old Feb 19th 2015, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OZ dollar to the pound

Originally Posted by not2old
its finally tipping that point again 2:1, will it, wont it or forever be over that point & stay there?

It wont be forever. Theres a currency guarantee for you
Old Feb 19th 2015, 10:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate AUD Vs GBP £1 buys $1.83

Threads merged
Old Feb 20th 2015, 3:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old

It's safe to say that if you could accurately predict currency fluctuations you would be rich beyond belief

MOFWIW:
As usual, it's all about USD
Falling commodity prices - AUD down (inevitable)
US will continue to improve - USD up
US will therefore have to put up interest rates sooner or later - USD up
Whether there is more downside to AUD against USD remains to be seen. It is within normal range but trending towards the bottom of said range

UK economy continuing to strengthen - GBP up

but

UK facing potential short term deflation
Interest rates still too low with no sign of them going up
UK remains horribly exposed to the Eurozone and all its problems

All not good for GBP
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 11:35 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DC10
Not this week, no.

But the deficit goes up every day towards European levels and that is whilst the economy is (in theory) still growing. The political and (absurd) voting system harks to another era and has no hope of coping with American-style partisanship and the difficult decisions which are now necessary.

The resources sector is a dead duck, and it remains to be seen how long the beloved real estate sector can keep running on the fumes of the boom. If that goes the banks will be well and truly stuffed.

It all feels very much like the UK circa late 2007 to me.
Another nonsense agenda post but hey, haters gotta hate

Total sovereign debt as a % of GDP (IMF):
Australia 27%
UK 90%
USA 107%
Canada 86%
New Zealand 38%
France 90%
Germany 82%
Italy 127%
Netherlands 72%
Norway 34%

Report for Selected Countries and Subjects

Our debt is worrying especially as there are few solutions to try and sort it out but we are nowhere near the levels of Europe/USA/Canada

Like most countries, our political system is complex and at the moment there is no partisanship as all concerned are caught up in the political cycle. This is not cool but using the US as an example? They are a perfect example of the total opposite of partisanship on so many issues: Obamacare? Renewables? Immigration? Minimum wage? The only area where they have general bipartisanship is foreign policy

Resource industry is in a downturn so no new projects to drive growth. Not good but we are exporting more iron ore than ever before and the ramp up continues. LNG exports have hardly begun but from the end of this year will really take off thereby boosting GDP. No recession but it will be largely jobless growth

I'll leave experts like you to comment on house prices

If you are going to let your hatred of Australia dominate your posts as least get your facts right
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Another nonsense agenda post but hey, haters gotta hate

Total sovereign debt as a % of GDP (IMF):
Australia 27%
UK 90%
USA 107%
Canada 86%
New Zealand 38%
France 90%
Germany 82%
Italy 127%
Netherlands 72%
Norway 34%

Report for Selected Countries and Subjects

Our debt is worrying especially as there are few solutions to try and sort it out but we are nowhere near the levels of Europe/USA/Canada

Like most countries, our political system is complex and at the moment there is no partisanship as all concerned are caught up in the political cycle. This is not cool but using the US as an example? They are a perfect example of the total opposite of partisanship on so many issues: Obamacare? Renewables? Immigration? Minimum wage? The only area where they have general bipartisanship is foreign policy

Resource industry is in a downturn so no new projects to drive growth. Not good but we are exporting more iron ore than ever before and the ramp up continues. LNG exports have hardly begun but from the end of this year will really take off thereby boosting GDP. No recession but it will be largely jobless growth

I'll leave experts like you to comment on house prices

If you are going to let your hatred of Australia dominate your posts as least get your facts right
I said deficit, not debt. The deficit is approaching European levels. I am not sure I follow your discussion about partisanship, and I think you brush over the effects of the mineral prices and the impact that will have on govt revenue and employment for years into the future. You also don't mention the imminent shutdown of the motor industry. I'm not sure who is going to benefit from 'ramping up' exports of LNG or iron ore when the market price is half that on which the projects were costed. Your comment about hating Australia is odd and unjustified. But these are all just points of view, and it would be a boring world if everyone's were the same

Last edited by DC10; Feb 23rd 2015 at 2:28 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 10:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by DC10
I said deficit, not debt. The deficit is approaching European levels. I am not sure I follow your discussion about partisanship, and I think you brush over the effects of the mineral prices and the impact that will have on govt revenue and employment for years into the future. You also don't mention the imminent shutdown of the motor industry. I'm not sure who is going to benefit from 'ramping up' exports of LNG or iron ore when the market price is half that on which the projects were costed. Your comment about hating Australia is odd and unjustified. But these are all just points of view, and it would be a boring world if everyone's were the same
You did indeed so apologies but your reply is yet more smoke and mirrors. Deficit is important and ours is unacceptably growing but it is only a small part of the story. Scenario: you have $50k in credit card debt and then go and buy, say, a tablet computer for $1k on the CC. Which is worse, the $50k or $1k? Both are bad in the circumstances but unquestionably the $50k is much more of a problem. Deficit/debt same issue. Looking at Australia, we are nowhere in the same debt league as the UK, USA, much of Europe, Japan etc. Not even in the same ballpark

Doesn't matter about what we think about increased IR and LNG exports, that's what's happening. As I was saying, this will increase GDP so no recession but it will be jobless growth, so not very cool but not a disaster

I never mention the motor industry as I was replying to a post in which you never mentioned it either

Everything you post is negative about Australia, so my comments were justified. Nothing wrong with this BTW - whatever floats your boat. I'm just calling it as it is
Old Feb 26th 2015, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

Stop the Pi$$ing comp

Is it going to get to 2:1 ????
Old Feb 26th 2015, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stu Ward
Stop the Pi$$ing comp

Is it going to get to 2:1 ????
It was there a week or so ago. Did you miss it?
Old Feb 26th 2015, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

Yup cause it lasted 10 secs.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

centennial is a name known to allcentennial is a name known to allcentennial is a name known to allcentennial is a name known to allcentennial is a name known to allcentennial is a name known to allcentennial is a name known to allcentennial is a name known to allcentennial is a name known to allcentennial is a name known to allcentennial is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Beoz
It wont be forever. Theres a currency guarantee for you
Does anyone know about any firm which offers currency guarantee for GBR-AUD ?
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 2:35 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Rates on hold. 2.25%
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 2:46 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Rates on hold. 2.25%
Market expected a cut, the £:$ rate will slip back a bit.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
Market expected a cut, the £:$ rate will slip back a bit.
Yep. Dollar rose again the pound.
Old Mar 13th 2015, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

The pound has took a right tumble leaving me wishing I'd cashed in at 1.98

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.