Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchange rate AUD Vs GBP £1 buys $1.83

Exchange rate AUD Vs GBP £1 buys $1.83

Old Jan 7th 2014, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate AUD Vs GBP £1 buys $1.83

Originally Posted by gtewary
A good app for tracking rates is xe. Available on android and as a website www.xe.com
Shows graphical trends and historical rates too. You can track up to 10 currencies on the app and do instant conversions
I concur. A very good app for android but a cannot see a way to set up alerts. Maybe in the pro version

Stock Alert is an android app I use to give alerts on currency
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:24 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

With a recent high of $1.87 to the squid, what's the trend? I've got squids I want to bring over and I'm wondering if I'm playing a dangerous waiting game.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
With a recent high of $1.87 to the squid, what's the trend? I've got squids I want to bring over and I'm wondering if I'm playing a dangerous waiting game.
The trend looks like its going the way of the long term graph. But that's just a trend - you asked.

If I knew I'd be a very wealthy man.

Mind you, I transferred over $30000 a couple of months back when it was 0.6. If I transfer its back today it would be worth $33120. There would be a nice $3120.

As I said, if I knew I would be a very wealthy man.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 8:26 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
whats the name of app please
Brian, sorry only just checked back in here. The app is OzForex. You can set it to alert you when a rate reaches a certain level. However, as I found out today, the rate shown is not the rate you get when you actually want to buy $.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Perpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gregster10217
Brian, sorry only just checked back in here. The app is OzForex. You can set it to alert you when a rate reaches a certain level. However, as I found out today, the rate shown is not the rate you get when you actually want to buy $.
Nice app, thank you for the tip! For the iPhone it's listed as "Forex Currency Converter" in the App Store, but shows in the search results if you search for ozforex.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Perpetual Tourist
Nice app, thank you for the tip! For the iPhone it's listed as "Forex Currency Converter" in the App Store, but shows in the search results if you search for ozforex.
Loaded it up on S3. Keeps crashing when checking chart. Google play reviews report the same problem.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 1:39 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Spiked up over $1.88 now. BIG drop in UK unemployment and Chinese PMI to blame.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light

Run up to 2015, the election, stronger pound reduces imports, more importantly fuel costs, only a guess. Can see it hitting 2 this year. Good for new arrivals, i guess, not so good for departures?
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light

Well done. I shall not go on holidays.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by blackcab

Run up to 2015, the election, stronger pound reduces imports, more importantly fuel costs, only a guess. Can see it hitting 2 this year. Good for new arrivals, i guess, not so good for departures?
Who says? If I was an arrival who intended to work for a few years, say on a temporary 457, earning $A, perhaps paying a mortgage back in the UK, then it would downright suck. ..... and I know plenty of 457's in that situation.

Vice versa, I had been living in Australia for a number of years, had an investment property in Oz (why bother with the Oz tax rules), and decided to return home, again, it would suck.

Why do people keep saying this?
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 5:15 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blackcab

It was just under 2.5 when we emigrated so that will always be my benchmark. So keeping that in mind it is still about 25% under/over valued depending on which way you look at it
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 6:36 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Spiked up over $1.88 now. BIG drop in UK unemployment and Chinese PMI to blame.
Yes, lots of good economic news is looking very positive for sterling. It should certainly hit $2 this year which is the average rate we have seen over the years.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chris955
Yes, lots of good economic news is looking very positive for sterling. It should certainly hit $2 this year which is the average rate we have seen over the years.
For a holiday to Oz $2 is still shite.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:25 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
For a holiday to Oz $2 is still shite.
Any holiday to Oz is shite whatever the rate
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Why do people keep saying this?
Because the majority of new immigrants will sell their house in the country from which they are coming and will have a lump sum to exchange. Clearly the more you get in A$ for your lump sum, the happier you will be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.