Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

exchange rate.!!!

exchange rate.!!!

Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default exchange rate.!!!

HI peeps does any have the latest info on the exchange rate and whats predicted in the near future thanks in advance.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: exchange rate.!!!

Originally Posted by grahampaula
HI peeps does any have the latest info on the exchange rate and whats predicted in the near future thanks in advance.
anybody
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:22 pm
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Just got this in from OxForex:
---------------------
:: Great British Pound: The Pound Sterling failed to hold on to early European gains, peaking at 1.9760 to fall to an eventual low of 1.9605. The GBP/USD moved below what had been strong intraday support at 1.9650 despite poor U.S ISM Non-Manufacturing data, weighed down by a stagnant UK property market. A report released by HBOS showed that the average cost of a home in Britain remained unchanged at 197,244 GBP in January, the same as in December. However prices fell 1% over the previous 3 months, a clear sign that the trend downward trend remains. The news comes ahead of the BoE meeting on Thursday where many analysts are expecting another 0.25% rate cut. The cross rate received some relief from a pullback in the Aussie dollar to rally from 2.1680 to open this morning at 2.1880.

- We expect a range today in the GBP/AUD rate of 2.1750 to 2.1950.

------------------------------

Hope this helps.
Darren
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

tazkenny is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep check of the Ozforex website. They have a daily commentary page, trends and market watch available for nowt.

Exchange rate is pissing me off, found a bike I wanna buy and got money sitting in the UK. Rate has been rubbish since I got here, but seeing how well AUs economy is doing then I reckin I am just going to have to bite the bullet on the next mini-peak.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:32 pm
a bit nearer

darendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nice

put it this way!
we will validate hopefully in december,with a view to a perminent move in april/may but if the rate doesn't improve significantly,i'm not coming!
i will seriously eat into my 5 year time frame until it does get better.
I've killed myself to save up what i have, working 6/7 days a week since i was 16 and i'm not prepared to exchange at the rate it is today!:curse:
Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

We have had no choice but to change our savings today, ive been wating for a spot rate of 2.195 (meaning we got an actual rate of 2.184) all week and it hit it this morning and I took the jump.

Should have exchanged last week when it was 2.21 but such is life....

Hope is improves for when we send the house sale money over
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:39 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
We have had no choice but to change our savings today, ive been wating for a spot rate of 2.195 (meaning we got an actual rate of 2.184) all week and it hit it this morning and I took the jump.

Should have exchanged last week when it was 2.21 but such is life....

Hope is improves for when we send the house sale money over
Wow, that went down hill. I was kicking myself when we got 2.33 2 and a half years ago as it dipped from 2.55 to 2.32 then went back over 2.55.