Exchange Rate

Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Exchange Rate

Originally Posted by Urno
I've just had an email from their "compliance team", saying that an online statement *is* acceptable...:

"We are required to ascertain the source of your fund. Please provide a bank statement, dated no later than 3 months from time of issue, from which the funds will be coming. This may be an online statement."
Thanks Urno, that sounds hopeful

I had been reading their rules & regs, but they must be a bit more flexible, so thats great! I must get on with scanning docs now.

Regards, Q
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

steved01 is on a distinguished road

It's up at 2.5269 !!!! We complete on our house on the 28th - please don't let it fall before then - that's another few grand towards my new 4x4!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:43 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steved01
It's up at 2.5269 !!!! We complete on our house on the 28th - please don't let it fall before then - that's another few grand towards my new 4x4!!
You and your fall talk.. now 2.48, stay positive and urge it up, no more talk about falling
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:51 pm
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

Originally Posted by datamile
You and your fall talk.. now 2.48, stay positive and urge it up, no more talk about falling
I'd cut my balls of for 2.48
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:53 pm
Banned

Nursebank will become famous soon enoughNursebank will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Urno
I'd cut my balls of for 2.48

Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Koala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant future

For most, this exchange rate fiasco only happens once (or twice, for those that return) in a lifetime. Think of the poor sods who have to go through it every year, and that includes me. Part of my wages are in UK pounds, saved up until I need the dosh or the rates are in my favour. Imagine having to do this, year after year. Fun? Oh yeh!

One eye on the job, the other on the graph...

Paul.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:30 am
Banned

Nursebank will become famous soon enoughNursebank will become famous soon enough

1,000.00 British Pounds = 2,560.85 Australian Dollars

Might see 2.6 today?
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:12 am
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

Originally Posted by Koala Konnection
For most, this exchange rate fiasco only happens once (or twice, for those that return) in a lifetime. Think of the poor sods who have to go through it every year, and that includes me. Part of my wages are in UK pounds, saved up until I need the dosh or the rates are in my favour. Imagine having to do this, year after year. Fun? Oh yeh!

One eye on the job, the other on the graph...

Paul.
Ack! I don't envy you that.

Even when i did it a few months back without the rate taking off to the stars, it was bad enough. Suicidal one minute (after a 30 point drop) and king of the world the next, when it went up!

I do pity the people who deal with millions like this for a job. No wonder they're burnt out by 30!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

wannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the rough

last friday we did a forward contract with ozforex @ 2.52 to the 1.00. Really chuffed with this, as its been dropping all week. Today down to 2.39 Ughhhhhhhhhh
up up up up up up!!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wannabetherenow
last friday we did a forward contract with ozforex @ 2.52 to the 1.00. Really chuffed with this, as its been dropping all week. Today down to 2.39 Ughhhhhhhhhh
up up up up up up!!
You did well. I did a deal with them also on Friday, and was happy to get 2.5. Not managed to get all the paperwork sorted yet though, and I haven't heard anything from Westpac about my new account. Q
Old Aug 29th 2007, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

chugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura about

Hi all, Anyone know whats happening with the current exchange rate; is it going up or down? Our house completes today and we're back in the UK for a holiday so we're hoping to transfer the money back over on a good rate?
Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2007, 7:33 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Its gone back up in the last couple of days because the US sub prime mortgage market is affecting banks globally.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

chugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura about

Does this mean its going to keep going up up up ?? Oh its a pain, what do we do??
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:01 am
Just Joined

nicolamilne is an unknown quantity at this point

hey! been reading through this thread - was wondering if someone can advise what we should do with our money...

we are going to Perth on a years working holiday visa, we have about £3000 to take with us, should we transfer it through transferz /hifx etc, or jsut take travellers cheques and depsit into a bank account when we get there?
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:09 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Wall street down heavily, ASX has followed which is weighing on the AUD.
If Wall Street continues to struggle AUD should go weaker.
If US Fed. cuts interest rates to stave off recession then AUD should get stronger.
Ozforex reckon the short term trend for the AUD is weaker.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.