Exchange Rate

Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

kazza will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Exchange Rate

wish it would just go up a bit more need to change money soon
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:43 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Interbank rate now hoving around 2.41, best rate since 30th May, and way up from 2.31.. still away to go for the 2.54 in Feb.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

im so confused with all this was gonna change money in the next day or so but now wonder whether to wait a bit longer to see if it goes back up to high 240s
any ideas anyone
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:50 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Currency markets has lots of speculators, thats why its so hard to guess. Oz interest rates goes up, so the exchange rate should go the other way but it isn't. UK says inflation is going down, removing UK interest rate pressure, so exchange should go the other way, but it isn't.

Like most people say. Give up following the market, and change your money when you're happy. You can drip feed it in to spread the risk.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

InBetween is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcworld
General perception from some economic news yesterday is that Aus interest rates will go up AGAIN next meeting of the RBA. Hence this makes the Aus dollar more attractive and its likely to keep strengthing. Of course UK interest rates could go up again too, but I wouldnt be surprised to see the rate move into the $2.20s soon.

If you're going to wait for $2.50+ i think you could have a very long wait.
Hang in there - it may not be as long as you think (read into it what you will, it is a numbers game)

Quote from SMH today :-
http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/...857546739.html

"A New York-based senior currency strategist with Westpac, Richard Franulovich, said the Australian dollar could fall to $US0.8200 by September as concerns that started in the US sub-prime mortgage market spread to other parts of the finance sector."
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:20 am
DownUnder

As per usual , drip feed some cash over, and it goes up 1/2 cent in the next 20 mins. Oh Well.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:43 am
I am the walrus.. face it

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of

It's going mad today.. gone up 2 cents in in a few hours. I don't profess to understand the reasoning behind it, but I would like it to get up over 2.50 cos thats when I shall change me money over.

Positive thinking...

Higher! Higher! Higher! Higher! Higher! Higher! Higher! Higher!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

wannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the rough

positive thinking and patience... 2.4157

yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeee
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:07 pm
DownUnder

2.42 ... chickened out too early
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:10 pm
I am the walrus.. face it

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of

can it do 3 cents in a day, and get up to 2.425?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

having big probs gettin my bank to let me transfer money from my english account to ozforex when im in oz how did everyone else do it
Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Ooer, I've just done some sums about what the difference between 2.45 and 2.3 mean to how many dollars we'll get for the equity in our house and now I can see why a difference of a few cents is important!!!

We were in Oz on our reckie in April and the rate was 2.33 so we've been working on this as a standard conversion ever since. Now I'll be watching the exchange rates like a hawk! We hope to be in Oz by June 2008 - so I'll warn you all now that's when exchange rates will be terrible! :curse:
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:17 pm
DownUnder

Originally Posted by kazza
having big probs gettin my bank to let me transfer money from my english account to ozforex when im in oz how did everyone else do it
We used abbey National online accounts, and they let you transfer any amount.

Can do it via BACS, and ozforex are happy to wait the 3-4 days for the cash.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:25 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by datamile
We used abbey National online accounts, and they let you transfer any amount.

Can do it via BACS, and ozforex are happy to wait the 3-4 days for the cash.
http://www.migrantbanking.co.uk/

Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Tino is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
2.427 now!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.