British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Exchange rate (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/exchange-rate-413702/)

hedgehog-girl Dec 14th 2006 9:48 pm

Exchange rate

XE has the exchange rate at 2.50 is this good? Is it worth transferring some money over to oz then?

chels Dec 14th 2006 11:29 pm

Re: Exchange rate

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
XE has the exchange rate at 2.50 is this good? Is it worth transferring some money over to oz then?

Is 2.50 good? Based on the past 12-18 months, yes. Max has been about 2.54, min has been about 2.29. Worth transfering some money over - sorry, my crystal ball is on the blink. The rate's quite steady at the moment, so I'm taking my time considering whether or not to transfer some money over.

Swerv-o Dec 14th 2006 11:51 pm

2.50 is the Interbank rate.

You'll probably get about 2.48 at the customer rate...

S

alkristensen Dec 15th 2006 1:03 am

Hi, thats a great amount, im in the process too and i
use this link to tranzfers.com (tranzfers.com)for smaller amounts(although i have transferred thoiusands at a time) i dont know their limit but its high. They only charge £7 quid per transaction so worth transferring alot and they are part of ozforex (who have a sponsorship banner at the top of this site pages most of the time).

I have transferred 3 times with them and they are faultless. You can have the option of holding it in thier account to transfer when you are ready (if you think the price is gonna go up say) or you can do it straight away as soon as the money hits their account (they email or phone you).

You have to set up an account (5 mins) and then confirmation phone call and emails come to verify you. Then you go to your online account and transfer your money into their account. It takes about 3 days and you name and set up an account for it to be paid into and they take the fee off the initial amount and pay it in to your nominated account wherever.

Was a tad fiddley at first to understand how to set up, but dead simple now as i didnt read the emails properly.

They also give a very good rate (if not nearly the best)

Well worth a look

Al

Bhoywonder Dec 15th 2006 1:03 am

Try www.ozforex.com.au

If you are transferring enough the charge is nill

I have always got above average rate going through them

alkristensen Dec 15th 2006 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder
Try www.ozforex.com.au

tranzfers.com are the same company as ozforex, cant rate them high enough so far.

al.x

Bhoywonder Dec 15th 2006 1:11 am

Try www.ozforex.com.au

Ozforex is giving me a rate locked in at 2.4953

alkristensen Dec 15th 2006 1:18 am

Ozforex is giving me a rate locked in at 2.4953

Thats good, tranzfers.com are a midgeys off that by millipence:D which could be a few quid on a 100 grand on 2.490100

al

Bhoywonder Dec 15th 2006 2:02 am

Originally Posted by alkristensen
Thats good, tranzfers.com are a midgeys off that by millipence:D which could be a few quid on a 100 grand on 2.490100

al

NOTE: the rate will go up and down so it is key to lock in a deal

Sam Dec 15th 2006 6:06 am

We used Ozforex both times (so far)

And will be using them again in the future

Gave us a really good deal both times we exchanged

You need to sign up and then they will show you what rate you will actually get, this rate is normally better than the rate on the front page used for general purposes

Nomore Dec 15th 2006 6:09 am

That is a good rate..we got ours at 2.51 8 months ago, then it went down to 2.44..so get it booked.

Wave the Sails Dec 15th 2006 9:25 am

I got 2.5010 yesterday from Moneycorp. Was going to hold out for 2.515 but chickened out!
Had put a limit order on it so not committed to them.
The secret is to lock it in then never look at xe.com or oanda.com again!

OzTennis Dec 15th 2006 9:52 am

'No charge' or 'no commission' just means it is built into the exchange rate offered. eg $2.4910 and no charges vs $2.4950 and charges

As well as the dealers already mentioned I can thoroughly recommend HIFX and they have 'live' exchange rates (N.B. Interbank rate not the rate for the customer).

http://www.hifx.co.uk/members/quotes.asp (currently $2.5092 so you'd get about around $2.50 with them, depending on the amount).

As others have said, that's a good rate in recent historical terms.

OzTennis :)

wafc Dec 15th 2006 10:46 am

The exchange rate is very good at the moment at around 2.51.

I've used Ozforex quite a few times now and I would recommend them everytime, can't fault them.

Happy exchanging!! :D

datamile Dec 15th 2006 8:14 pm

and it dropped to 2.4950, I thin due to good figures for the US