Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:09 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

its not looking too rosy is it?
Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:11 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
its not looking too rosy is it?
i thought it was supposed to be on the up.

What site do is best to look at to see what you would actually get if you were changing a decent amount over, say a £200k ?

Warren

Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:15 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
i thought it was supposed to be on the up.

What site do is best to look at to see what you would actually get if you were changing a decent amount over, say a £200k ?

Warren
..I've been looking at this one http://focus.comdirect.co.uk/en/quic...isenkurse.html ..phew thats a long one! Anyway I figure you don't get the tourist rates so this is the commercial rate.

Max
Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:30 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by maxpaxx
..I've been looking at this one http://focus.comdirect.co.uk/en/quic...isenkurse.html ..phew thats a long one! Anyway I figure you don't get the tourist rates so this is the commercial rate.

Max
hi Max, thanks for this, your're getting good at the computer stuff. Remember the hassle trying to send the attachment !!

Cheers

Warren

Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:32 am
Go Banana's !!

Max
Hi me again,

Someone posted the other day about getting a rate of close to 2.9 -how is this possible ?

Anyone know ??

Warren
Perth 2004....

Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:36 am

hi Max, thanks for this, your're getting good at the computer stuff. Remember the hassle trying to send the attachment !!

Cheers

Warren
..no I am still rubbish..had to type this out when I know you can paste it but can't figure it out!!..need to work on that one don't I?

I thought I read that about someone getting that rate of 2.9? but I thought I must have read it wrong?

I am hoping we can catch a good rate which is why we have sold up..am giong to get a forward contract. Actually surveyor coming today so it's all systems go here ate the moment..I am getting a bit stressed too much happeing at once!
Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:40 am
Go Banana's !!

..no I am still rubbish..had to type this out when I know you can paste it but can't figure it out!!..need to work on that one don't I?

I thought I read that about someone getting that rate of 2.9? but I thought I must have read it wrong?

I am hoping we can catch a good rate which is why we have sold up..am giong to get a forward contract. Actually surveyor coming today so it's all systems go here ate the moment..I am getting a bit stressed too much happeing at once!
We are looking to put house up in end March/April, we would like to think we have heard by then and will have the meds/PC's done as well.

Try not to get too stressed just think of the those romantic walks along the beach with Mr Max as the sun sets !!

Warren

Old Jan 27th 2004, 10:42 am
ABCDiamond

Hi me again,

Someone posted the other day about getting a rate of close to 2.9 -how is this possible ?

Anyone know ??

Warren
Perth 2004....
That was the rate back in December 2002, then it started on its long downhill........ with a few ups in Feb and March

Old Jan 27th 2004, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Andy Pandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Hi Max,
We are at a simular stage as you. We are moving to Perth mid March, have you decided who to use for the money exchange yet ?
Andrew
Old Jan 27th 2004, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

I check teletext page 529 everyday and then phone up rate watch and too be honest we are going with the Commonwealth bank and they are hardly any less than the full rate for eg

2.3577 and the bank give you 2.33
Old Jan 27th 2004, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Andy Pandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Carrianne
I check teletext page 529 everyday and then phone up rate watch and too be honest we are going with the Commonwealth bank and they are hardly any less than the full rate for eg

2.3577 and the bank give you 2.33
Why Commonwealth & not HSBC ? I understand that HSBC offer a free online banking account.
Andrew
Old Jan 27th 2004, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't used them myself but stacks of people have recommended Halewood International including the 'expert' migration agents so they can't be too bad. Seems as though they give a slightly better rate than the banks which can add up to a lot of extra $'s on a sizeable transfer:

http://www.hifx.co.uk/pservices/emigration.asp

OzTennis
Old Jan 27th 2004, 5:08 pm

Originally posted by Andy Pandy
Hi Max,
We are at a simular stage as you. We are moving to Perth mid March, have you decided who to use for the money exchange yet ?
Andrew
Not being rude I've only just seen this having a manic day again!

We are going to use HiFX if they stop pestering me for 5 minutes! They have just changed to a plc so I have to sign new registration forms or something. They are helpful and you are not obligated by registering just when you agree a contract.

We are not going till September as we have to save more money for the move - don't want to dip into house money at all and our ISA's and shares have not recovered well enough to cash in just yet!

Ed has some big deal coming off too so we have to hang on till we get the payout on those..money, money ,money!

Max

Last edited by maxpaxx; Jan 27th 2004 at 5:10 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 7:53 pm
Gremlin

Hi Max

To copy:

1. Left click on the website address to highlight it.
2. Right click to reveal pop-up list of options.
3. Left click on 'Copy'.

You need to hover the cursor over the website address whilst doing 2 & 3.

To paste:

1. Right click to reveal pop-up list of options.
2. Left click on 'Paste'.

Hope this ends a lot of arduous typing for you.

Keith

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.