Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Excess International have just been and gone

Excess International have just been and gone

Old Feb 16th 2006, 4:47 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Excess International have just been and gone

We're using 'em too - were quoted about 1200 quid for 220cu. Quite nifty the way they work it all out on that tablet PC
Old Feb 16th 2006, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
I hope their agents at the Australian end are as good as the company is over here...has anyone got any experiences of the Aussie end?

SS
Yep, I can vouch for them, they were excellent.

We had them out in October last year to collect all our stuff and put it in storage until we were happy that our house sale had gone through. I instructed them to ship the stuff mid November and we had an email from them on 3 December saying that our shipment was due to arrive in Melbourne on 19 December.

Because of Christmas and New Year, the container didn't get released from Customs until mid January, Grace (the Australian contractors) phoned a day before delivery to confirm.

When they arrived, they were quick and efficient. We asked them to leave the boxes so that we could use them when we move. But they opened up all the other packages, i.e. settee.

Its a very worrying time when you place you worldly possessions into strangers hands, but from our experience, they were just fantastic.

We did have some breakages, which I believe are inevitable considering their journey. The stem on a large wine glass - I am still coming to terms with this A huge crack in a picture and the top of a chest of drawers got damaged. Oh and also you know CD cases, where they have the plastic pieces that clip the CD into place? These had broken, so we had a box full of little pieces of plastic! All in all, nothing worth claiming on or to get upset about.

Hazel

P.S. Our stuff went from Swindon, Wiltshire to Bendigo, Victoria.

When
Old Feb 17th 2006, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kevhaze
Yep, I can vouch for them, they were excellent.

We had them out in October last year to collect all our stuff and put it in storage until we were happy that our house sale had gone through. I instructed them to ship the stuff mid November and we had an email from them on 3 December saying that our shipment was due to arrive in Melbourne on 19 December.

Because of Christmas and New Year, the container didn't get released from Customs until mid January, Grace (the Australian contractors) phoned a day before delivery to confirm.

When they arrived, they were quick and efficient. We asked them to leave the boxes so that we could use them when we move. But they opened up all the other packages, i.e. settee.

Its a very worrying time when you place you worldly possessions into strangers hands, but from our experience, they were just fantastic.

We did have some breakages, which I believe are inevitable considering their journey. The stem on a large wine glass - I am still coming to terms with this A huge crack in a picture and the top of a chest of drawers got damaged. Oh and also you know CD cases, where they have the plastic pieces that clip the CD into place? These had broken, so we had a box full of little pieces of plastic! All in all, nothing worth claiming on or to get upset about.

Hazel

P.S. Our stuff went from Swindon, Wiltshire to Bendigo, Victoria.

When
Thanks for letting us know. I expect all my CD cases will be broken as well, even though they wrapped each CD individually.....

SS
Old Feb 17th 2006, 11:52 am
Enjoy it while you can

Chick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really nice

Originally Posted by kevingallen
0208 324 2057 or www.excess-international.com

I have been dealing with a chap called David.
Thanks Kevingallen and also thanks to Zbettyboop for the addresses
I'll get onto it straight away
Old Feb 18th 2006, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

matt n ann marie is an unknown quantity at this point

We've just accepted a quote from Excess who were the fifth shipper we got a quote from. They were over £1000 cheaper than Crown for 750cu ft and the guy from Excess went through everything with us, were as the guy from Crown acted like he had something better to be doing and really didn't sell it to us.