Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Excess International have just been and gone

Excess International have just been and gone

Old Feb 15th 2006, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Excess International have just been and gone

Hi

Just to let you know that Excess have just been and taken away all the goods that I wanted to be shipped. They set off from London at 7ish, and arrived here by 10. They called me en route to let me know wehn thay were likely to arrive and when they got here they hit the ground running. We had put everything into one room for them to make their lives easier, and I couldnt fault them. They were done within 3 hours (we had ~85 cubic feet worth of stuff). In fact apparently their origianl estimate was quite accurate (I get the final invoice) but it wont be anything near the 130 cubic feet that Crown quoted me!!

Anyway, I thought I'd let you know that at the moment I am very happy with their service. I just hope it continues now through to Sydney.

Cheers, SS
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

p63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: Excess International have just been and gone

Hi SS

How long did they say it would take to arrive in Australia?
We are probably going to use them to ship our 110ish cubic feet, hopefully next month.
It would be great if you could PM me with how much they charged just to get an idea.

Cheers

MichaelB
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Excess International have just been and gone

Originally Posted by p63500sv8
Hi SS

How long did they say it would take to arrive in Australia?
We are probably going to use them to ship our 110ish cubic feet, hopefully next month.
It would be great if you could PM me with how much they charged just to get an idea.

Cheers

MichaelB

They said it would take 6-10 weeks....and you can have 4 weeks free stoarge if you like.

I'll PM you the cost.

SS
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:25 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
They said it would take 6-10 weeks....and you can have 4 weeks free stoarge if you like.

I'll PM you the cost.

SS
Can you PM me too?

Ta
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:28 pm
sunseekers

sunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to all

And me if you dont mind?

Thank You x
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Haha...sod it, I'll post it here

I had Excess and Crown come round to do an estimate. Crown said we had 130 cubic feets worth of stuff and it would cost £870. On the same day Excess came round, and we showed the guy exactly the same stuff. He said it was 84 cubic feet and would cost £630.

Now I was well miffed why the estimates were so different, but earlier that week I had been round with a tape measure to try and get an idea. I thought I had 50 cubic feet, so plus packaging it would be about 80ish.

So I plumped for Excess and havent been disappointed so far (touch wood!!).

When I looked through the inentory it looked like their initial estimate was spot-on. I'm getting the invoice tomorrow so I'll know for sure.

SS
Old Feb 16th 2006, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi

I have just got the final invoice and they actually reduced the price as the volume of the final shipment was less than they had originally estimated.

So Crown were way out with their original estimate.

SS
Old Feb 16th 2006, 12:58 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good we have got them coming on the 1st March for quote!!

Kris xx
Old Feb 16th 2006, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

We have just had them fetching our stuff today too. I was very impressed and will definately be emailing their boss to say what good work they do. They didn't stop for a moment and were extremely pleasant and the quote was a fair quote as well. We were quoted £1330 + 3% insurance for 260 cubic feet. The guys reckon it will be just over that because I added a load of stuff to it.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LesleyM
We have just had them fetching our stuff today too. I was very impressed and will definately be emailing their boss to say what good work they do. They didn't stop for a moment and were extremely pleasant and the quote was a fair quote as well. We were quoted £1330 + 3% insurance for 260 cubic feet. The guys reckon it will be just over that because I added a load of stuff to it.
Hi

They are coming on the 3rd April to pack our furniture.
350 cubic feet to be exact
Price is £1640 plus 3% insurance

I lease a shop as a barbers.
Taking barber chairs with us thought it was going to be a hassle to get them to the house as they are very bulky and heavy.
The shop is about 7 miles away from my home.
They told us they would pick the chairs up from the shop which was great at no extra charge.
So very happy about that.
Will let you know how it goes.

Beth
Old Feb 16th 2006, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

kevingallen is an unknown quantity at this point

I have them coming in too, for my entire house move. There quote was not the very cheapest, but there whole presentation and approach was by far the most reassuring. My dealing up till now with them have been very satisfactory.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 3:18 pm
Enjoy it while you can

Chick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really nice

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi

I have just got the final invoice and they actually reduced the price as the volume of the final shipment was less than they had originally estimated.

So Crown were way out with their original estimate.

SS
Hi have you got a contact number or a web address for them
Cheers.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Chick Flick
Cheers.
Hi

www.excessinternationalmovers.com

Hope that helps

Beth
Old Feb 16th 2006, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

kevingallen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chick Flick
Cheers.

0208 324 2057 or www.excess-international.com

I have been dealing with a chap called David.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

I hope their agents at the Australian end are as good as the company is over here...has anyone got any experiences of the Aussie end?

SS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.