Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Excess Baggage/internatonal - slight hitch

Excess Baggage/internatonal - slight hitch

Old Jun 20th 2006, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold
Default Excess Baggage/internatonal - slight hitch

I was planning on using the above company to ship 4 boxes of personal stuff to Oz. They have now informed me that they will only pick up from the ground floor of a building. As I currently stay on the top floor - with no lift this is going to be problematic. The weight allowance is up to 35 kilos per box.

Has anyone else experienced this with this or any other shipping company?

Feel like throwing the whole bloody lot out and just starting again.

Thanks

Sue
Old Jun 20th 2006, 9:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Excess Baggage/internatonal - slight hitch

Originally Posted by suebrennan
I was planning on using the above company to ship 4 boxes of personal stuff to Oz. They have now informed me that they will only pick up from the ground floor of a building. As I currently stay on the top floor - with no lift this is going to be problematic. The weight allowance is up to 35 kilos per box.

Thanks

Sue
When I moved several companies advised me - if you can't lift and move the box yourself, how are the movers supposed to move it? Logical really I guess.

32kgs is the airport weight limit per bag legally for Health and Safety, and even that is pigging heavy!
Old Jun 20th 2006, 9:07 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Thanks

Sue
Our experience of Excess was very good. Even better this end.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 9:08 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Sue
This happened to a mate who lived on the top floor a four storey Georgian terrace in Bath. She got round it by borrowing a couple of mates and transferring everything down into the hall into temporary storage in those cheap plastic boxes you get in B&Q. With the boxes flush to the wall everyone could still come and go and on moving day, the removalists just repacked everything into the cardboard boxes.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hutch
This happened to a mate who lived on the top floor a four storey Georgian terrace in Bath. She got round it by borrowing a couple of mates and transferring everything down into the hall into temporary storage in those cheap plastic boxes you get in B&Q. With the boxes flush to the wall everyone could still come and go and on moving day, the removalists just repacked everything into the cardboard boxes.
Thanks Hutch

PS great shipping post.

Sue