Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Excess Baggage have just collected stuff......

Excess Baggage have just collected stuff......

Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future
Default Excess Baggage have just collected stuff......

I can recommend them, well so far anyway. I had a quote which I accepted, and 8 days later it has been collected! The 3 guys were brilliant, one kiwi, one south african and one ozzie. Quick, polite, patient ( as I found a few late things which I wanted to include) funny, we had a good laugh, and very efficient. Less cubic footage which was quoted, so that is good, and should be in Fremantle a few weeks after I get there! But will keep you posted.
Roll on 6th Jan now!
Old Dec 15th 2005, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Excess Baggage have just collected stuff......

Originally Posted by suzannepatricia
I can recommend them, well so far anyway. I had a quote which I accepted, and 8 days later it has been collected! The 3 guys were brilliant, one kiwi, one south african and one ozzie. Quick, polite, patient ( as I found a few late things which I wanted to include) funny, we had a good laugh, and very efficient. Less cubic footage which was quoted, so that is good, and should be in Fremantle a few weeks after I get there! But will keep you posted.
Roll on 6th Jan now!
Hello, im thinking of going with them £680 for 100cubic feet, which is way less than anyone else. even if we go slightly over that it should still be way less then the cheapest over quote i got from Atlantis for about £960.

seems a bit too good to be true.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Excess Baggage have just collected stuff......

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Hello, im thinking of going with them £680 for 100cubic feet, which is way less than anyone else. even if we go slightly over that it should still be way less then the cheapest over quote i got from Atlantis for about £960.

Well, I had them recommended to me. They quoted £1026 for 177 cu ft, but in the end there was only 107, but don't know final figure yet. Only insured £1000 of stuff, which I think is going to £35.BUT they could pick up before Christmas which was a bonus to me. I can think clearly now, and see what else I have to dispose of. I can actually sit down now and write some Christmas cards!
Old Dec 15th 2005, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Well, I had them recommended to me. They quoted £1026 for 177 cu ft, but in the end there was only 107, but don't know final figure yet. Only insured £1000 of stuff, which I think is going to £35.BUT they could pick up before Christmas which was a bonus to me. I can think clearly now, and see what else I have to dispose of. I can actually sit down now and write some Christmas cards!

Hi

Did they pack for you or did you pack yourself??? THe quote this woman had given me over the phone is for them to do all the packing, sounds really good, Im waiting for her to call me back to let me know if they can come on the day I need it.

Even if they cant for that price i may be more flexible over the dates, being as so much cheaper
Old Dec 15th 2005, 5:23 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

can you give me a visual idea how big 100cubic feet is, something like 10 bobox's foot square just anything so i can explain to the wife when she comes home from work.
we don't want to take everything with us but mrMrsonni does want to send pepersonaltems like pictures and i want to take a fair amount of tools and our computer.
cheers jonni
Old Dec 15th 2005, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jonni boy
can you give me a visual idea how big 100cubic feet is, something like 10 bobox's foot square just anything so i can explain to the wife when she comes home from work.
we don't want to take everything with us but mrMrsonni does want to send pepersonaltems like pictures and i want to take a fair amount of tools and our computer.
cheers jonni
Hi Jonni

Im rubbish at thing like this but were taking
2 sofas (2 seaters)
washing machine
around 10 boxes
a couple of pictures in frames big ones

think thats about it.

not sure if that helps.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 6:30 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jonni

Im rubbish at thing like this but were taking
2 sofas (2 seaters)
washing machine
around 10 boxes
a couple of pictures in frames big ones

think thats about it.

not sure if that helps.
thats plenty of help thanks, i think my wife will find it easier to work things out in relation to size and price.....womens logic if you say the size of a 2 seater sofa she's fine but if you say it's about the size of 6 2 foot square box's then i have to start showing her how big 2 foot square is
cheers jonni
Old Dec 15th 2005, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Did they pack for you or did you pack yourself??? THe quote this woman had given me over the phone is for them to do all the packing, sounds really good, Im waiting for her to call me back to let me know if they can come on the day I need it.

Even if they cant for that price i may be more flexible over the dates, being as so much cheaper
I had put all my stuff into a moteley collection of cardboard boxes, tescos carrier bags(the strong ones)plastic bags, etc and heaped it all into the middle of the lounge, and the 3 piece was loaded up as was the table and chairs. There was hardly any room around everything for them to move. But they just came in, and I indicated what was to go, then off they went. Very efficient, and so used to doing the job, they do it without batting an eyelid at anything they see. They wrapped and packed everything themselves into their specially sized boxes, and were very careful with breakables and framed pictures etc. They were nice to chat to and were grateful for cups of coffee. I had 33 boxes in all, including one special one for my guitar, which was 107 cubic feet I am not taking any furniture but have loads of books, vinyl albums, videos, etc et c etc. They took 2 hours, and I was so impressed that I gave each of them a fiver tip. When I finally have them delivered to my new home in Perth, which I haven't actually got yet, they will unpack it all the other end. One guy said make sure the guys in Perth take the boxes etc away with them otherwise you are charged if you get them to collect them at a later date. So all in all, I was very pleased. I will attach a couple of photos next time I post on thris thread.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Roll on 6th Jan now!
I'm glad you have had a good experience. I have booked them myself, for a February move.

SS
Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
I'm glad you have had a good experience. I have booked them myself, for a February move.

SS
PS...I was quoted £630 for 84 cubic feet to Sydney.

SS
Old Dec 16th 2005, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
PS...I was quoted £630 for 84 cubic feet to Sydney.

SS
Morning

Well I have booked it, they are coming jan 12th, so pleased I found them, way cheaper.

Thanks for recommendations and reassurance, this site is great
Old Dec 16th 2005, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Right, further to my original thread, these piccies may show the answers to some of your queries.
Attached Thumbnails Excess Baggage have just collected stuff......-chaos.jpg   Excess Baggage have just collected stuff......-chaos-2.jpg   Excess Baggage have just collected stuff......-men-work.jpg   Excess Baggage have just collected stuff......-excess-baggage-guys-work.jpg   Excess Baggage have just collected stuff......-thats-lot.jpg  

Old Dec 16th 2005, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

hi all, i got a quote from excess baggage using their online system where you can work out how much (roughly) cubic feet you are taking. i had an email quote from them for 277 cubic feet for £1427. email stated 'This cost is based on professional pack, door to door service including customs clearance, port charges, delivery, unpack and removal of debris & packing material'. oh and 4 weeks free storage if you need it. the final price is for the amount of cubic feet you actually take and not what you/they estimate. this is the best quote i have had so far. i will definately be giving them a call when i come to move.

good luck to you all with the big move. selina
Old Dec 17th 2005, 1:05 am
Parent Contr.143

lened is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got my request for my vac payment so I'm nearly there. I've decided to go back to England on 29th Dec as I can't be granted a visa whilst I'm in the country. So I'll pack up some of my stuff in England as I really miss my personal things and then I'll be back permanently at beginning of Feb. I'll be able to bring back in my hand luggage 40kg won't I ? Although the house in England still isn't sold I'm leaving that in the hands of estate agents . I'm really looking forward to meeting you for coffee and a chat. I've found already the people here are really friendly and I've got some great neighbours. Had fish and chips at Freemantle last night my first in ages.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lened
I've got my request for my vac payment so I'm nearly there. I've decided to go back to England on 29th Dec as I can't be granted a visa whilst I'm in the country. So I'll pack up some of my stuff in England as I really miss my personal things and then I'll be back permanently at beginning of Feb. I'll be able to bring back in my hand luggage 40kg won't I ? Although the house in England still isn't sold I'm leaving that in the hands of estate agents . I'm really looking forward to meeting you for coffee and a chat. I've found already the people here are really friendly and I've got some great neighbours. Had fish and chips at Freemantle last night my first in ages.
Hi Ed, I have pm'd you as well! I am flying with Cathay Pacific and in business class they allow 40k, dont know about other airlines and whether economy allowance is bigger on them.Ooooh barramundi and chips.mmmmm.yum!Are you renting a property at the moment? Will you go back to it? Talk againsoon Suzanne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.