Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Excess Baggage Co

Wikiposts

Excess Baggage Co

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:58 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by Tonyonthemove
As long as I'm not the only sad bugga on here with nowt better to do with my time... Well I'd better sign off and go watch BB5 - now that is sad. At least this time next week I'll only be about 5 hours from Singapore where there is no Marco, Victor etc etc...

Happy days.
I'm so happy I'm not hooked this year!! My boxes will be here tomorrow, so that'll give me something else to do

enjoy!!
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 9:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I sent a couple of boxes by Excess Baggage - dropped them off at the office in the terminal at Heathrow before getting on the plane, they took about a week to get here. Cost me about £150 I think (from memory) but I remember it was £100s cheaper than using the airline direct.
No real complaints - I'd use them again.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Cestrian is an unknown quantity at this point

I used them earlier this year. They were good. All boxes arrived safely with nlo breakages.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

ABoulton is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Excess Baggage and they were awful. Late departures, missing paperwork, staff that were unable to communicate in English. I am certain that others do it a lot more cheaply than XS baggage - remember that you must be paying a premium for having all their offices in stations/airports etc.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 12:54 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Lathlain
So nobody has never used them? Surely?

We used them back in Nov. Very good. Could not fault the service and everything arrived in good condition. I lost a couple of pieces of my crockery but I think that was my own fault for not packing them well enough.

Would recommed them

The stuff was here within 6 weeks of leaving the house in the UK

Jo
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 8:56 am
PommieLeague

Whats their air freight service like?
Weighing up between XS and 7 Seas, who would ya go for?